xisto Community
r0b-dog

Age Differences Of Friends

Just a discuss of what age differences you think should be between you and friends, should there be example:you are 17 and you have certain friends, what age differences should there be. 1 year older difference2 year older difference3 year older difference4 year older difference5 year older differenceOR1 year younger difference2 year younger difference3 year younger difference4 year younger difference5 year younger difference

mostly my buddies are my classmates at school so there is no major age differences.. some are more or less 2 years ahead of me.. but age difference doesn't matter - so long as your are friends

Now, for friends, I don't think there is an age limit, I have friends that are 50 years old, I also have friends that are 8 years old or less. I'm 18 and there's really no problem with it, it's really a matter of how to get along with different aged people. Dating on the other hand, is a different story. Especially when your younger you shouldn't date more than 2, maybe 3, years apart from you, and that's still pushing; however, when you get older, the age difference can get bigger like up to 10-12 years, that's pushing it. This is just my personal opinion though, your culture may be different from mine over here.

Man... most of my friends are my age... but I could really care less what age they are... A friend is well, my friend. I feel that this can be the case regardless of age. Also, I'm talking about true friendship, not a shallow school relationship that most would consider friends. I mean a genuine care and affection for one another.

It makes no sense why would you limit your circle of friends with a thing such as age difference. Though personally I don't tend to have any friends younger then me because most of the time people younger then me are more immature and I don't bother with that crap. Same with some older people if they are stupid then I wont mess with them. I based my circle of friends around people I like not how old they are. When your younger though I think its common just to hang around people your age and its normal. Generally when you get older you tend to meet more people from different age groups so age doesn't really become an issue just other criteria like maturity and other qualities you prefer in people.

As long as you trust your friends, age shouldn't matter. You don't want some 40 year old guy that is out there to abuse you. If you like your friend, then don't worry about age. Like they say about love, "it's who you are on the inside not the outside" or something like that. Age should have very little affect on a friendship.

Age shouldn't be a limit in any kind of relationships. It is the feelings that matter. However, I believe that people of a similar age probably have more in common. For e.g. you probably couldn't bring your 40 year old friend to go shopping with you if you are a teen. You'd have different opinions on clothes and styles. That's why parents and children have generation gap.

Have to agree that Age should not be a limit in friendships, considering many school leavers do eventually work with older people in university, and also in the workplace eventually. Friendships do form out of people's common interests in the workplace and/or uni, and people grow closer together similar to a 2nd family.But yes, friends in a similar age range are more likely to have common interests. a 40 year old doing skateboarding with a bunch of teenagers will look kinda weird tbh, unless if he was a professional or well known in the sport.

I don't think that age matters at all when it comes to friendship. As long as there is a common interest, it doesn't matter how big of an age gap there is. The whole, "I'm friends with someone who's older or younger than me by so-and-so number of years" usually is only a big thing when we're still in school because in high school, the people few years younger are generally less mature whereas the people few years senior are well, seniors. Not many seniors are interested in mixing with juniors. However, the moment we hit college or university level, age..... just doesn't matter as much anymore. You can join an undergraduate program and see that there's a mixture of people of all ages, ranging from few years younger to sometimes decades older. At the end of the day, it all depends on whether or not you're on the same wavelength.

Ever since I was a kid, my parents always encouraged me to hang around with my bro (to his dismay :lol:) because all of my friends lived halfway across town. My brother is older than me by 2 years so most of his friends were of his age or a few years elder. And being the youngest I was always taken care by or counseled by them for some reason or another. Till date my closest friends consist of 2 people of my age and two of them 6 & 9 years older than me. I also have had friends who were nearly 20 years older than me.I generally got along with people older than me because of my childhood and I found kids of my age fighting and longing for petty things. But that does not mean I avoid being with my generation or the younger lot. My youngest friend is 5 years old (neighbor's kid) & though I hate dolls I make sure to play with her tea set to make her happy. To me, connecting with the person inside is far more important that connecting to the outer person. Though it is sometimes rough to be seen with people much older than you because people are wondering why I don't hang around with kids my age but what can I say? they boot me into proper shape :XD:

I for one also agree that there shouldn't be age limits for friendships. Friendship is all about how you get along with other people, your experiences, etc. It involves what you've been through, your times with your friends, your memories, and more.If you limit to age then that means you're setting a requirement of who can be your friend, and who cant.

My friends are same as me, and some younger. Age differences doesn't matter as long as the friendship works. A 12year old and a 18 year old can be better friends than two 18 year olds

I have friends that are various ages, but in terms of the people that I hang out with, I'm the youngest of the bunch and everyone is 2-6 years older than I am. I don't think this is a problem; they are simply the people I like to be around. There's no age limit on friendship, but a general indicator for being able to hang out without a creepiness factor probably tops out around 5 years. (Unless you're older, in which case, this might stretch to 7 or 10.)

My 8 year old son and his 18 year old friendAge Differences Of Friends

Ok so I am a bit worried over this situation, my son is 8 years old (9 in april) and he has a 'friend' who is 18 years old, she lives in the same street and have known each other since my son was about 1 1/2, the thing is my son always wants to spend time with her, every day he sneeks out of our house to be with her, she doesn't seem 'right in the head' though and I think she has some sort of social problems, as far as I can see they just play football and talking with each other,, I am just conserned there is something else going on,, I have tried warning them off each other by saying I'll phone the police etc but nothing works, he comes back in the house and nothing unusual or anything but I am just a bit worried about how it will go against him for his future, he hangs around with everyone in his class at school but at home there is only this girl and one of the kids from his class who lives a few streets away who he considers his 'best friend', but that boy is a little thug, a bad influence and I don't really want him hanging with him either but I let him as I'd prefer him to be with a boy of his own age

My boy has two older brothers, a 13 year old with Aspergers who never leaves the house anyways and an 18 year old who sometimes plays with the 18 year old girl also, more so when they were younger and that's how this all started when they were introduced

Sorry for rambling, I hope you can understand this,, please get back to me, any questions feel free to ask as long as it isn't too personal and I'll try and get back to you, I need my mind put at rest, thanks

-question by Annonymous

Friendship age gapAge Differences Of Friends

I'm 15 years old and I have some friends my age but the majority of my friends are older

I have a friend that is 37 years old   with 2 children and we get on so well.

I absolutely love her to pieces!

We email each other nearly every day.

I find it ridiculous to have a "restriction" on friendship age...I believe that if you get on well together...Who cares about age!

-reply by Annie