xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darussalam

Size Of Graphic Cards? About Graphic card

Hello EveryoneI have an integrated graphic card.Seems to be SiS 650_651_M650_M652_740 [Display adapter],but i dont know what is the size of this card.

So who can tell me what are the sizes of these graphic cards usually.

Thanks to all.

By size do you mean memory size? Integrated cards borrow a certain amount of system ram specified by you for their use, usually the limit is 128mb, so it really doesn't have any of its own memory. I would highly recommend against using integrated cards as they offer very poor performance and compatibility.

As Dre said, integrated graphics are usually not used on systems unless you are only doing straight web browsing and word editing. If you are doing anything like gaming or video editing you would want a separate graphics card.One way to find out what the size(Mb wise) of your on board, if it's not straight borrowing, is to find the type of mother board you have and search it's product number on the web, it should be in the specs of the board if anything.

a lot of times if you look through the device manager you can find out, even with integrated graphics.if not, you can most definatly find out what kind of chipset you're running the device manager, and then just google that, or go to the manufacturer's website.like everyone else said, integrated graphics show their shortcomings really really quickly compared to a dedicated card.

@darussalam hey, I believe you would like to know the information about your graphics card. (This displays the size too!) assuming you are using Windows XP/Vista. go to run and type DXDIAG. hit enter and you'll see the diagnostic information. Go to display tab and you'll see the general information about your graphics card. for a detailed information you might use tools like sisoft sandra, that give you an indepth detail, but in most of the cases its not required.Hope this helps ^_^I am attaching a screenshot for graphics card information from my machine

post-61260-1209034765_thumb.jpg

Edited by bluedragon (see edit history)