xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Storm

My First Poem

People always say that good things come to those who wait,Well I have been waiting for what seems to be ages for a miracle.Yet I receive nothing,Only more bad news everyday.I don?t understand it and I don?t think I want to.People always say that God works in mysteries ways,His ways mean nothing to me.I just want him to fix what he has done,His way is what is killing me inside and out.I don?t understand it and I don?t think I want to.The only thing left for me to do, Is to know that he is counting on me to be there for him.I must do what I can,For who knows what time he has left.You are my Cousin,But in my heart you are my Bro.-Ryan

Here is another:Why is it we look to a person known as God,He has shown me nothing to believe he exists.God has shown me pain and regret,But never has he let me feel joy or relief.He is said to be almighty and all knowing,Then why does he not fix what I feel.He must know my pain,Why does he not help me?He lets me suffer,Even though he knows I can take it no longer.If there is a God,Why does he allow me to see such pain in my family?s eyes?There is no God,My eyes have seen to much pain to believe in him.The heart in my chest is gone,I feel only anguish.The tears roll down my cheek,Yet he is not here to wipe them away.If he is so almighty and knowing,Why does he let me keep slipping from his grip?He is not here,For me he never was.I feel so far gone,I have lost all faith. -RyanAny input is great :rolleyes:

Those where very good, very personal and moving. I can identify the struggle of faith, the questioning. I've dealt with issues in life many times that made me question what I believed if there was a god, if I was on the right path, but I eventually found my way. The pain life deals us can be so intense at times poetry is a wonderful outlet for it, a way to get put the emotions into words so we can better understand the way we feel the way we do.

I found it to be soothing and it helps me to write how i feel down. then i take the jumble mess and turn it into poetry or even just some quick thoughts sometimes. Thanks for your input m8 and you nailed those poems on the dot :rolleyes: . Ill try and write some more for you lot to read and review. Dont be afraid to post negative either, as long as it is constructive critasim and such.

I especially like the start of your first poem, and all of them are pretty good, but I did have trouble seeing the flow and vision of the poems- I could easily understand being about faith and struggling with it, as it's in different lines, but there are random lines in all the poems that I read and suddenly completely lost the vision of the poem- not that I am saying they are bad because of these, they are cool, just constructive critcism from a fellow writer. :rolleyes:

ty very much m8 and i will keep that in mind for when i do them again :rolleyes: . Anyway here is a poem i came accross that was so good i thought i would show the rest of you and see what you thought about it.Have you ever felt like you knew someone a long, long time ago,Another place, another time, a friendship of the souls?Two people who share a bond for reasons neither know,A feeling that they were friends, a long, long time ago?Did they stumble onto each other by pure circumstance,Or was it fate and destiny that played a certain hand?Two souls intertwined, they are worlds apart,But the soul, it knows no difference, in matters of the heart.Somehow they are drawn together, fate has brought them back,Each living worlds apart, they journey separate paths.When this life is over, and a new life begins,Their souls will find each other, two souls that we call friends. - Lia Fail -