xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damen

Prince Harry

So now the news is out, that Prince Harry has been serving in Afghanistan for the last 10 weeks. What do you guys think about this ? Was it wrong ? Should anyone be able to go into dangerous areas such as this ? I can only imagine that extreme measures would be taken to ensure his safety.I guess as long as it's a cause he truly believes in & not merely something that "looks good" on his list of life accomplishments I think it's fine, although it is good I think that they are reporting he will now be withdrawn since he'd be a target & could end up getting other people injured/killed in the need to protect him from the enemy. I don't hold the royals in any special esteem even with their Canadian connections as I consider the monarchy to be an outdated thing that serves very little purpose in modern times. They're just more rich people to me.

it is not often that a high status person goes to war not for money but for the job and honor. i applaud prince harry for this one. i just hope the us government will do the same and bring some their kids to war :lol:

The thing is, he was educated in a military academy, ie. he aspired to become a soldier, then he has to do his duties like anyone else.Or do these people, just because they were born into the right family, have different duties compared to anybody else?Just like you see prince Charles and prince Philip on official occasions, wearing a beautiful officer's uniform, is that what a military uniform is for then?To parade with on state visits and the likes? On the Queen Mother's funeral, even princess Anne was wearing a Navy uniform, the first time ever she had done this. That woman has never even seen a military school from the inside. Just ridiculous.And, to come back to the subject of Harry, does anyone really think for one second that they are going to post him behind enemy lines or in an area where he runs even the slightest risk of being injured?It is about time that whole hypocritical circus, called 'monarchy' was abolished. It is nothing but an expensive anachronism, which costs us hundreds of millions every year.Besides, the only difference between them and us is that their ancestors were bigger bullies, aggressors, murderers and thieves than ours.After all, they are born exactly the way we are, except with more media hype.So, why should these people be so privileged? Let them work for an income like anyone else, even the interest on their fortune (which us and the blood of the ones before us gave them) is enough to see that whole bunch through for the rest of their existence.And, if Harry wants to play soldier, let him do it like any unprivileged lad has to, and hopefully the army won't catch him using dope (or they would probably sweep it under the carpet in his case).