xisto Community
assism

Compiling Php On Windows

hello all im trying to compile php 5 on my windows box with visual studio 2005 , every thing goes fine on my computer ,but when i moved the php.exe and the dll corresponding to it to another computer nothing happend , the program won't work.what can i do to make it working?

Slightly confused but my advice is so use XAMPP (google it, comes from apachefriends.com) An all in one PHP, MYSQL, Mail and FTP server for windows, highly configurable, fairly light and very easy to use. I would guess that 90% of the folk who run PHP on windows on this board use XAMPP.

And for moving around computers you can get XAMPP lite, specially made for portability.

I may have misunderstood though, what do you mean by

compile php 5 on my windows box with visual studio 2005

?

Slightly confused but my advice is so use XAMPP (google it, comes from apachefriends.com) An all in one PHP, MYSQL, Mail and FTP server for windows, highly configurable, fairly light and very easy to use. I would guess that 90% of the folk who run PHP on windows on this board use XAMPP.
And for moving around computers you can get XAMPP lite, specially made for portability.

I may have misunderstood though, what do you mean by

?

im not trying to run the apache server on windows i just need the php , i want to run some script on the client side with it

Hum im confused still...Do you mean you want to run PHP using Visual studio on your local machine? If you want to run PHP locally then you do need a server installation. Im not sure what the visual studio PHP "server" is like but if you do want to run PHP lcoally i would strongly suggest XAMPP.Sorry if im still totally wrong but im confused about what exactly you want to do.

The reason copying the files doesn't work is most likely due to the fact that you haven't added the path to the files to your PATH environment variable. Take a look at the following two pages from the PHP documentation:

http://uk.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.manual.php
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Also bear in mind that compiling it and copying it generally isn't a good idea - there is bound to be something you'll miss out or get wrong. Either compile it again on the machine you want to use, or download a pre-compiled package from the PHP website.

ty all i think that i need to explain myself a little more .im writing some program in C.my client want that this program will have the option to run some php script on his machine.for the php script i wrote some extension, and when i compiled it and tried to run it with the php binary , the php complained about the the module api does not match in the php and in the extension, so i tried to compile every thing , and now every thing goes fine , but only on computers that have visual studio installed on them. since on my client computer there is no vs im prety stuck .abput changing the path , i put all the files in the same directory so that isnt the problem .