xisto Community
shadowx

Can You Suggest A Good Free Email Server To Download?

Howdy, almost in response to my post about IMAP and PHP: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/56913-php-and-imap-to-read-emails-need-help/ (i still need help with this so please if you have experience in PHP and accessing emails using PHP help!) Im thinking i need a new mail server to rule out the possibility it could be my current mail server.

Now currently im using the mail server that comes with the XAMPP package, the mail server is mercury32 version 4.something i know it supports the IMAP protocol because the docs say so and it has configs for IMAP. Ive messed around with it and no luck with my code (see other post i linked) so if you have any suggestions for IMAP settings to use the server locally let me know.

Now im looking for another free, standalone, highly config-able, reasonably light (though my machine is fairly new so RAM usage isnt too much of an issue). It needs to have IMAP support included.

Im looking at Courier: http://www.courier-mta.org/imap/download.html but would like to know if anyone else has any suggestions.

I really need some advice either in this post or my linked one!

googlemail is a free email server with unlimited inbox space.. .all you do is sign up for it from the google search engine page, once signed up you can set your settings to an IMAP server. it works VERY well and is very easy to connect to from microsoft outlook and other external programs, it is even advertised to be compatible with blackberrries, iphones and most other cellphones with internet access. -- hope that helped!

Hi,It seems that you have to use a IMAP server to do developement.After that, you may be not longer need it.You may download a trial out of mdaemon.It is mail server that quite stable and support IMAP too.Newer version also supported Active Directory too.google `mdaemon` to got it.Eric,