xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Goosestaf

Age Of Empires 3 Age Of Empires 3 from Microsoft

Keep watching the ensemble site, an official anouncement is nearlly apon us.

http://www.ensemblestudios.com/

The intro images had been changing every few days. Its currently on

"Age of Mythology : The Titans" (3/1/05)

It started about a month ago with a splash image of the first age of empires. Which surely means a press release will be made Tuesday, or next monday.

Check out the Screens in the preview. They looks amazing

IGN REVIEW

AND IF ANYONE CLOSES THIS TOPIC THEN THIS FORUM IS BADLY MODERATED.

FOR THIS POST IS NOT "UTTER NONSENSE", THE TITLE IS NOW FINE, AND THE LINKS WORK FINE.

and if you still lock it again, then you're a complete and utter retard, and i'll laugh at your face when the press release is made :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any more links to pages with information on this. I had a quick look on the ign site and saw they had an interview with designers, but most other sites seem unsure whether or not the news is accurate and don't seem to have any more information. Links to any more information would be much appreciated, as I am a big fan of the first two games and woulkd be keen to find out more about a third.

That sounds awesome. I quit Age of Empire II a couple years ago. I switched to Warcraft III, another RTS game, and then eventually moved to shoot-em-up games. But I'd definitely get another RTS if Ensemble Studios were to create Age of Empires III.

wow! it looks awesome! good graphic more units and feature. they put lots time and works to make that game possible. i heard the making of Age of Empire III but, never seen the pictures of it. it looks great! hope it comes out soon!

Yes!!! I've been hoping for this for a long while :rolleyes: The Graphics look absolutely stunning. I hope they add in some of the new features that would have made 2 last longer. Have they announced anything else about it (such as civs, techs, units)? I'll have to keep checking back, definately. :)

Wow that looks pretty damn awesome. I am probably going to buy that but hopefully I'll finish Warcraft Frozen throne before that.

I hope it comes out sometime when I have money.....as of late, I've had a bit of a lack of it....I just don't know if when it comes out, I will have the 50 or so odd bucks to spare, then again....it is AOE... However, if it turns out as good as it's lloking right now, I'm definately going to have to find some way to get it. The AGE OF Discovery.....Oh! I'm soo excited. :D

I hope it comes out sometime when I have money.....as of late, I've had a bit of a lack of it....

I just don't know if when it comes out, I will have the 50 or so odd bucks to spare, then again....it is AOE... However, if it turns out as good as it's lloking right now, I'm definately going to have to find some way to get it. The AGE OF Discovery.....Oh! I'm soo excited. :D

46137[/snapback]

I believe they changed it, and they're simply naming it Age of Empires 3, not Age of Discovery.

Anyway, there's an interview with the AoE3 creators at Gamespy: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/age-of-empires-iii/582928p1.html

Main points from the interview:

* There will be familiar units like pikemen, crossbowmen, plus a variety of new and more powerful units like musketeers, cannons, and tall ships.

* This time period allows us to show some pretty spectacular scenes: from the virgin forests of the Pacific Northwest, to Mayan cities in Yucatan rain forests, to a volley of cannons attempting to stop a charge of grenadiers.

* Mortars, dragoons, frigates, pikemen, culverins, grenadiers -- they're all part of the colonial age.

* In Age of Kings and Age of Mythology, large engines like catapults were strictly used for siege. In Age of Empires III, artillery move out onto the battlefield as a major arm of the military. In fact, light artillery is what you use to break up those lines of musketeers!

* The gameplay will be a little richer and more varied in Age of Empires III because players will have an unprecedented amount of control in determining the strengths of their civilization.

* Imagine that you have two tech trees: one that you pursue every game as a course of developing your colony, and another tech tree back "home" in Europe. The techs you get in Europe persist throughout multiple games. For example, you don't start the game with the ability to build docks. You must unlock that ability in the home city. Once you do, you can start building docks that game and every additional game you play with that home city. But you don't have to choose to get docks, and in fact your human and computer opponents are likely to pick an entirely different path of upgrades.

* Units realistically bounce off of rooftops, roll on the ground, fall over the cliff, and float away in the water.

I believe they changed it, and they're simply naming it Age of Empires 3, not Age of Discovery.

Anyway, there's an interview with the AoE3 creators at Gamespy: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/age-of-empires-iii/582928p1.html

Main points from the interview:

* There will be familiar units like pikemen, crossbowmen, plus a variety of new and more powerful units like musketeers, cannons, and tall ships.

* This time period allows us to show some pretty spectacular scenes: from the virgin forests of the Pacific Northwest, to Mayan cities in Yucatan rain forests, to a volley of cannons attempting to stop a charge of grenadiers.

* Mortars, dragoons, frigates, pikemen, culverins, grenadiers -- they're all part of the colonial age.

* In Age of Kings and Age of Mythology, large engines like catapults were strictly used for siege. In Age of Empires III, artillery move out onto the battlefield as a major arm of the military. In fact, light artillery is what you use to break up those lines of musketeers!

* The gameplay will be a little richer and more varied in Age of Empires III because players will have an unprecedented amount of control in determining the strengths of their civilization.

* Imagine that you have two tech trees: one that you pursue every game as a course of developing your colony, and another tech tree back "home" in Europe. The techs you get in Europe persist throughout multiple games. For example, you don't start the game with the ability to build docks. You must unlock that ability in the home city. Once you do, you can start building docks that game and every additional game you play with that home city. But you don't have to choose to get docks, and in fact your human and computer opponents are likely to pick an entirely different path of upgrades.

* Units realistically bounce off of rooftops, roll on the ground, fall over the cliff, and float away in the water.

46221[/snapback]

There is Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, Age of Empires II: The Conquerors

so, I've read somewhere it will really be Age of Empires III: Age of Discovery

WOW!! This seems very cool..... Strategy gaming has lacked a good game in the last year and two, with probably only Rome: Total War (from Creative Assembly) being great. Everyone's been waiting for an announcement from Ensemle Studios..... Its graphics seem to be very good, and seems to be pretty demanding, I guess Alienware will have a bit of raise in their sales.... I hope the game will still have similar gameplay to the great mix of the first two games. I think Microsoft will always have something for us PC Players, even if they have their Xbox to worry about. Fingers crossed for great online play :D:D:DB):D

There is Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, Age of Empires II: The Conquerors

so, I've read somewhere it will really be Age of Empires III: Age of Discovery

46606[/snapback]

There was no need for the full quote there :D *Thinks it was a cheap grab for hosting points* Ah well! :D

But since the game is focussed on America, I thought they decided to drop the Discovery thing.

Yeah I've been waiting years for this, AoM was a big disappointment for me, I pre-ordered it and got it on launch, but it didn't hold my interest long.

Actually i think that we need to buy new video cards, cuz, being honest that quality of graphics means a lot of graps processing, and if we dont have a good PC the game will be a waste of time.And once again which card will it be ati or nvidia, im not so close to the aoe series but ignore them is not possible, i mean the series are one of the pilars in the rts games, but what am i need to sacrifice to play it smoothly.Perhaps im a little non-entusiastic but yea.. i will await till it arrives this year :_)

I can't wait to see what this game will bring to the RTS world. Though I am really wanting to buy it, I don't think it will be any different than owning Warcraft 3 or Rome Total War.