xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KansukeKojima

2k Art... Again... :p

Hello everyone. I stayed all night working on my website, and I finally made it to bed at 7 a.m.. Then, I woke up at 1 p.m. and worked on it on and off until about 6:30 p.m..

So anyways, some of the changes I have made to my website are listed below.

1. I have decided to simplify the design and the focus of 2k art. Now its a simple portfolio which contains my art, some of my programming and also a short biography on myself.

2. I'm using Light-box for my art portfolio now. I think it adds a nice effect to my website.

Well, I guess thats enough talk :lol: The web address is listed below.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'd also be very interested in your comments and suggestions.

Edited by KansukeKojima (see edit history)

I like the site overall. Everything seems much more fine tuned than it was in your older versions of the site but there is always room to add and enhance. I don't really want to point out what you should change as it probably is more of personal preference then good design. What I think might look good may not be the same for others. There would also be too many to list but I think if you keep working on it some more ideas will come up so you will go back and refine it. I already have some ideas for my own site but I'm only going to go back and refine it when I have more time (assignments due soon for many classes already). Good job on the site!

hmm... You seem to have a closing head tag above the DOCTYPE which I presume is very, very weird... You're the first, and only person I have ever seen using area tags, good to see that you're using self-closing tags, and you're losing your p tags...But too bad you have 6 validation errors. That Head tag which was closed before the DOCTYPE and you'll need alt tags for the area tagsGood, simple, and solid website design. BUT! The menu made it look like it was embedded into the image, and only after a while could I know that it was actually a menu. I also notice you have no "Home" Button which maybe a problem for people wanting to go to your "Home"Good website design, if I were to rate it out of 100, it'll be 92/100, fix those validation errors and it'll be 99/100, just the menu that bothers me (personally) But that ain't a major con...

Thanks very much to both of you!csp4.0, I have fixed all of the validation errors with my website.1. </head> above the doctype. Yeah.... there was a problem when I parsed my layout around my content with php. Easily resolved.2. alt tags. Added.3. Home button. I find it rather unnecessary as the home page only acts as a greeting, and has really no useful content.Again, thank you very much!Please everyone, I want to hear your feedback!