xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KansukeKojima

Super Lite Browsers?

Well, I'm not really sure if anyone will be able to help me with this... but I am looking for a super lite browser. I mean, liter than Opera. I want it to be super fast, and super functional, but I don't want a crap load of extra stuff.What I want:TabsSpeedSame abilities to play flash objects, java, etc.simple look... barebones... skeletal if you willWhat I don't Want:extra plugins that are not required for functionbookmarks/favoritesfancy interface.So yeah.. if you know of any browser like this.... even if it was made in some guys basement, I'll be glad to use it.

OK I am not sure whether this would fall into your category but this is portable mozilla it has features as the real however it is portable you can have it on your USB stick and use it on whatever computer you like.

Here is link: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

However, this idea of yours might be good thing for development you could even suggest it to some *nix development group since they are the best at developing light and useful things.

Good luck with your search I hope I have helped you. good luck once more.

Since you didn't specify for what operating system you want it for, i'm going to just toss things in the air, and you catch them. Kmeleon (Windows), Epiphany (Unix, Unix-like, Cygwin). I'd also recommend Konqueror (Unix, Unix-like, Cygwin), but i'm not sure if you'd consider its appearance simple. Keep in mind, though, that none of these don't have a bookmarks feature; good luck finding one that doesn't, though.

There are lots of browsers out there. But these are the one's I tried and worked well*Maxthon*AvantThese are IE based browsers with lots of additional features and are cool and fast too. They both have their own features. Safari 3 looks great too. It is what I'm using right now to posting this message and I should say this release is really really cool.