xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
varalu

Risks And How Far Will You Go...

Recently i did a post in my blog about taking risks in your life.. be it career or chances in your other life. I thought i will also start a thread here and see what Xisto members have to say about that...

So.. guys.. here are few questions i want you to answer...

Questions
1. Will you be ready to take some calculated risks in your life?
2. If you are ready to take risks... upto what level?
3. What are all various measures you will consider when taking risks?
4. what are all the things you will consider for putting in risk?

MOre...
1. If given a normal settled work/ challenging demanding work which one will you go for?
Please put yourself into some real situation and try to arrive at a solution rather than just giving some random answers just for the sake of answering it.

Notice from truefusion:
Moved from Freebie Stuff forum.

Thought I'm not really sure what this has to do with "Freebie Stuff", the post is still interesting, so I'll give it a go.1. I think most things in life are calculated risks. With many things that you do, you are unsure about what the outcome will be until after whatever it is is finished. I think it more varies in just how much risk is involved though. For instance... One might decide to try a new restaurant. Sure, it doesn't sound risky, but you still run the risk of not enjoying it, but since you want to try new things, you try it out. Small risk - if you don't like it, don't go back. But the reward if you do like it is much more. Other things though can be more risky. Like trying to start your own business. No one knows if you will succeed, and the money you spend up front on it can pose a great loss if your business is a failure, but still, I think we weigh the good and bad of both sides and make our best guess if we should do it or not. Should I start a business? Put all that money on the line? What if it flops? But what if it becomes very successful? Look at it from all sides, and decide if the risk is worth it or not.2. As for how risky I'm willing to go... well, that depends. The more I want something, the more of a risk I'm willing to take. If I don't want something very bad, and there's a big risk in trying to obtain it, I might not bother trying and just opt to go for something with a little less risk. Like for instance... I'd like to buy an iPod, but it's not something that I absolutely must have. But I saw one that was for sale for pretty cheap... but I wasn't sure of the condition of it, and it was 'no refunds', so I decided not to risk it, and just get one a little later when I can afford one that I know will be good.3. The various measures that I use when considering taking risks is pretty simple. If the benefits outweigh the risks, then I'll usually risk it and try it out. I try to look at things from many angles when determining the risk, so I can have the most up-to-date information to lower the risk. Just like when I wanted to buy myself a piano keyboard. I had no idea how to play, and it was a lot of money to put out for something I might have stopped using in a month because it just wasn't my thing. But I looked at the benefits - I could learn something new... It would be fun if I actually could learn to play it. And then I looked at the negatives - but what if I can't learn it, or it's just not fun? I figured that the years of fun I would get out of it if it turned out that I liked piano would be better than the $300 or so dollars I would lose should I not enjoy it. So I decided I'd risk it, and go and buy one. But to make sure I'd enjoy it the best that I could, I also did a lot of research online to see what I thought would be the best keyboard to buy. I bought the one I'd researched after lots of considerations, and have enjoyed playing it ever since (and am actually starting to get good at it now!).4. I'm not really sure how the last question differs from this question, so I'll just leave it as it is. I think I've got a good basis going from the first three anyway. I think my point has been made lolAs for the normal settled work vs. the challenging demanding work, I'm kind of strange when it comes to that. Maybe I'm a 'grass is always greener on the other side' type person, but when I'm in normal settled work too long, I get bored and want something more challenging, but then when I'm working on challenging work, I want something to give my brain a rest from all the demanding hours I spend and do some normal settled type work.

1. Have to agree that many things are calculated risks, especially when at work when it could either make or either stuff up the business if not break. Everyone is unsure of the outcome if a risk has been taken, especially when something may have discovered that could either be world-changing or a technology breaker for example. Like for example, deciding to open a vegetarian restaurant, and whilst it may initially be some moderate success when it opens, sales could be slow later on.2. That really depends on the situation i'm in and my own personal motivation. If i'm really desperate for something, I will look at all avenues to go after it, although I know my limits and not to disturb the ranks and/or it effects the people close to me, for example.3. It was explained earlier in no 2, I do take concerns from close family and friends into account when taking risks, although if I firmly believe that avenue would get me results or something I need, with minimal to no effects to concerns which may be raised by others, I will continue to go after it.4. Not really sure of the question, but have to say money comes into it. Considering some business decisions are very similar to gambling or the like.

1. Will you be ready to take some calculated risks in your life?I believe we should always be ready to avoid decisions fall under the category of risks... but hey nothing in this world is 100% secure so there is always a risk involved. Considering that risk is always a considerable part, one must prepare itself to be ready to take make the best decision in those scenarios. Taking the risk does not necessarily mean not doing something, as a matter a fact that is another risk. Since doing something o not doing a thing a both risks, then, one should be prepare to be allowed to take the most affordable risk. 2. If you are ready to take risks... upto what level?I am going to approach this question in a more homely way. Family becomes an important factor in determining up to what level the game should be played. The risk should be considered taken if and only if no one else is affected by it. 3. What are all various measures you will consider when taking risks?Well, since is a risk we might want to minimize the possible losses. It is obvious if we might loose something we do not wanted to be of great importance to our budgets.4. what are all the things you will consider for putting in risk?Obviously something of much importances cannot be put at stakes, therefore only something that would not cripple our condition (let be social or economical) 1. If given a normal settled work/ challenging demanding work which one will you go for?As a personal choice, I would go for the challenging work, I have no intention of simply be a common worker out there. I believe if we want to make a change in our society we should be on those jobs that require responsibility.