xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hotwheelz

Got A Virus Thru Msn! Im Miserable newest msn virus

ok, so a few days ago I was away from msn and when i got back i had a message from a friend on msn..it was a link that said somthing along the lines of "hey is this really you" and listed my email address..I clicked on the link stupidly and when i did that I got a window that said "run or save" i didn't click on either of those, I actually restarted my laptop, but since i did that, every time i log on I get that run/save message popping up. I am unable to fully use msn on my computer. I cannot receive webcams and my msn is freezing frequently. :lol: Could someone tell me the simplest way to fix this issue..Please! :P:D

I have a few ideas about how to fix it, first of all block the sender, and maybe you'll have to get a virus removing software. If that doesn't work, just re-install msn messenger, and if that doesn't work, you may have to re-install windows. It's a pain in the but*, however, the sooner you do it the better.

Edited by Archangel_Baw (see edit history)

I have a few ideas about how to fix it, first of all block the sender, and maybe you'll have to get a virus removing software. If that doesn't work, just re-install msn messenger, and if that doesn't work, you may have to re-install windows.
It's a pain in the but*, however, the sooner you do it the better.

I've already done the first 2 and no changes
Edited by hotwheelz (see edit history)

crappy, well I'd remove messenger and re-install it, and there is virus deleting trial versions online for free, try some of those, it may take a few tries but eventually you'll find something that works:) good luck:)

Actually what you really need to do because I ran into the same incident shockingly enough, ***waits for gasps***, you need to change your MSN password, and of course tell everyone on your contact list about it as well because this type of spyware/malware goes through your contact lists and sends everyone the same message. So keep changing your passwords for your msn until the messages stopped, that is what I did.

i think 1st get a good anti virus software and yeah don't forget to download the torjan removes normally people send you torjans that not only effect your machine but also steal all the information from you computer and send it to the hacker mean the person who send you the torjan so 1st of all try install any torjan remover software if it doesn't work then i suggest you that re-install the operating system in your latptop maybe it will clean all the virus. well i think it's the most easy and best thing you can do with your machine do you worry about your data in you machine. just make a backup of it. after reinstalling the operating system just get back your files simply :lol:

ok, so a few days ago I was away from msn and when i got back i had a message from a friend on msn..it was a link that said somthing along the lines of "hey is this really you" and listed my email address..I clicked on the link stupidly and when i did that I got a window that said "run or save" i didn't click on either of those, I actually restarted my laptop, but since i did that, every time i log on I get that run/save message popping up. I am unable to fully use msn on my computer. I cannot receive webcams and my msn is freezing frequently. :lol: Could someone tell me the simplest way to fix this issue..Please! :P:D

The removal tool on this site should help.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

or this one from symantec

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Bit O Bytes~
Edited by Bit O Bytes (see edit history)

ok, so a few days ago I was away from msn and when i got back i had a message from a friend on msn..it was a link that said somthing along the lines of "hey is this really you" and listed my email address..I clicked on the link stupidly and when i did that I got a window that said "run or save" i didn't click on either of those, I actually restarted my laptop, but since i did that, every time i log on I get that run/save message popping up. I am unable to fully use msn on my computer. I cannot receive webcams and my msn is freezing frequently. ;) Could someone tell me the simplest way to fix this issue..Please! :P:P

i got this too your friend didnt mean to send it it sends if they have the virus. cause i send it to my friends automatically i have scanned and scanned and scanned cant seem to get rid of it.
It is really peeing me off i hate it i accidently saved it it happenes when you click the link.
so it will auto send to ur friends i hate it!! ok thanks:)

I have the same thing happening...twice now...whoGot A Virus Thru Msn! Im MiserableReplying to hotwheelz Got the same thing happening, it freaked me right out saying there were pix of me on the internet and how funny they were. And how do I get rid of it please, can anybody help????? Anybody having this problem as I can't find any info on the net about it?WiLd-reply by WiLd