xisto Community
Mich

Sotm #65 - Easter Theme - Voting

Voting is on for the Easter Theme SOTM. We will give it a week; til the 30th of March. 3 very distictively different styles.

truefusion Posted Image

SkyStormKuja Posted Image

Mich Posted Image

Voting Format

truefusion: 0

SkyStormKuja: 0

Mich: 0

Good Luck all!

And, Hoooraaay, this is my 1000th post!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Wow! I haven't voted in so long I don't know what I would do, and congrats Mich in joining the 1000th club. I try my best to break down each sig and then decide my vote from there.Truefusion - I dunno the bright bunny seems out of place with the colors of the background, although you attempted to blend the bunny in with the background it seems the colors stick out to much. I do like the background with a bit of vector and grunge mixed in, and the text effect is good as well.SkyStormKuja - I do the like the choice of colors to match along with the whole Easter theme, and that egg looks cool as well, but the blending of that egg and the background isn't there as the background seems more grungy then smooth like the egg is. not to keen on the text color either.Mich - Although the sharpness and the used of the fuzzy filter that I completely forgot the name too (will edit that later when I get on my other computer), but it seems flat, and I know you have your particular style and don't try to stick with the latest fads and what not. However, you should try to get into using the smudge tool I do have some good smudge brushes that could help you out, might need to look in finding some more though.I give my vote to truefusion for this SOTWtruefusion: 1SkyStormKuja: 0Mich: 0

I'm very sorry that I couldn't make my entry for the Easter SOTW even after a remainder mail from Mich :P

I spent most of my Easter holidays traveling. I traveled for over 40hours in just 3 days all in Bus under heavy rain and bad roads.

My vote for the Easter SOTW goes to Mich

The elements in the Mich's Sig blend well with the background and it creates some unique effect. I'd love to see more text styling :lol:

Truefusion's Sig looks cool but the bunny doesn't blend well with the background. Nice text effects.

so here are the results,

truefusion: 1

SkyStormKuja: 0

Mich: 1

I'm going to have to vote for Mich as well. I really like the image used... it seems, oh what is the word I'm looking for? Classy? I don't know but it just seems appealing to my eye. Plus, I really like the way the text blends in there. The only thing that I'm a bit put off by is the small orb-like thing behind the text. It seems a bit out of place, since everything else in the image is 'rough' or textured. I can understand why it's there, because there would need to be something back there instead of just a black void to put the text on, but perhaps it might blend in a bit better if there was a minor texture added to that as well. The border is also a bit hard to spot, but would work well on a dark background.The remaining two, in no particular order:truefusion - it's a nice sig, but it just doesn't come out and grab my attention. I agree though that the text effects are nice in this one, and blend well with the background used. Plus - a cute bunny! Always a bonus. The border though seems off to me, because there are different amounts of "black-space" depending on what side it's on. I think having the larger "black-space" on the right is a nice look, but my brain wants the left side to either be wide like the right, or the same size as the top and bottom ones.SkyStormKuja - also a nice sig that draws my eye to it because of the great use of colour. I'm not really finding the text all that great, but I really suck at text myself, so in comparison, your's isn't all that bad. But there's room for improvement on it. I do like the darker stroke that you've used around the letters in the text though, they work nice with what you've got.Anyway, good work to all of you :lol: Hope to see more of your work in the future!Updated Results:truefusion: 1SkyStormKuja: 0Mich: 2

My vote goes to Mich. The choice of font is excellent and the effect is great, if a little sharp. Overall the image, font, effect and colours work well together and make for a good looking sig.The colours and design of the background of SkyStormKuja's sig match well with the egg, and certainly make the sig eye-catching, but the egg stands out just a little bit too much for my liking. The choice of colours and borders for the text is also good, but the font is too plain and doesn't really fit in with the rest of the design.Truefusion, you sig is brilliant, but the one point which drew me away was the font you used. To me it looks like TnIIFFIIsIAIJ :lol: It was a good choice of font in that it fits with your design, but if you can't read it then it should perhaps be replaced :PResults:truefusion: 1SkyStormKuja: 0Mich: 3

Hmm, I just have to vote this trip.

Somehow I really like SkyStormKuja's entry. I especially love the color combination. My only critisism would be that the text seems to clutter things a little too much with all the color going on. Perhaps just the name would have been simpler in effect. I would have softened or smudge blended the background to make the egg stand out a little more. When I first saw this enty I thought we were all toast.

Truefusion's entry is cute. I get the chick/bunny that I think most people missed. I have to say the background is not to my liking. Seems a little too techy for the subject matter. Also agree that the font used is not clear enough. Things are better balanced than SkyStormKuja's. The overall thought is very cute, though.

As to the comment about smudge brushes on mine, I use Paint Shop Pro, and don't have a clue what Photoshop smudge brushes do. And I did place the flare behind the text to fill in the black void, but maybe I should have softened it a little.

Updated Votes:

truefusion: 1

SkyStormKuja: 1

Mich: 3