xisto Community
AndrewJ

Meet The Spartans Hilarious

Has anyone else seen this movie. "This Is SPARTA *spits*" :lol:I saw it three times! I loved it each and every time. Especially the Paula Abdul part. "You... Moved me, ah.":P*claps for the movie*

I saw it, although the ending was really disappointing though, although I think the scene when he is kicking everyone into the pit was awesome. However, talk abotu cutting out a lot out like the spider man/trump scene, but it should be interesting what the dvd will be like.

I used to like that style of comedy, but now it's gotten old. All these people do is parody pop culture until you're tired of it. I will admit to laughing at the 300 references on the commercials, but all in all, getting a movie from them every 6 months to a year gets kind of annoying. I mean, scary movie 1 and 2 were good, 3 was meh, and I never saw 4. I didn't see epic movie...and um....I just noticed this: they all have lame movie titles, and they tell you what the parody is supposed to be as if you're an idiot. Yea, lame. Ok, here's what they need to step up if they plan on making another parody film: First, the writing. Scary Movie 1-3 were decent at best, but the writing was lame, like they were going for a cheap joke. It seemed like they were writing the story around the jokes rather than the jokes around the story. Second: Movie title. Ever see Loaded Weapon, Hot Shots, or Spaceballs? Those had some great titles (not to mention even better writing) that not only reflected the concept of the movie, but they were also unique, not lame like Epic Movie. Third: Quit overusing the same dam actors. It seems like that's all people know some of these actors for is for these movies, which aren't all that great in the first place.

yer i watched it.. its pretty hilarious.. gotta give the movie some credit cause its a parody afterall. its suppose to be stupid! so for those who says its a stupid movie.. WELL DUH lol.. but nah its funny.. they bag Paris Hilton to the max.. the bag so much *BLEEP*.. like heroes, umm lol yer jst alot.. i dont wana give stuff away for those who havent watched it .. im not gona spoil it haha.. but who hasnt watched it has to .. especially if you enjoy bagging the hell out of ppl haha

These films are idiotic and you all know it. Scary movie one and two were very meh. Yes that is the correct technical terminology. Scary movie three was at the point where it was just retarded. One or two good jokes the rest just purely unfunny. Like the jokes are the kinda things where youd be like. Wow, that was not funny why is that guy laughing? Oh that's right, his sister and mother are the same person.

These films are idiotic and you all know it. Scary movie one and two were very meh. Yes that is the correct technical terminology. Scary movie three was at the point where it was just retarded. One or two good jokes the rest just purely unfunny. Like the jokes are the kinda things where youd be like. Wow, that was not funny why is that guy laughing? Oh that's right, his sister and mother are the same person.

Of course we know that is why we still go to them because we need a little stupidity in our lives. and yeah Scary Movie one and two were the better of the 4 movis just because the Wayne brother's didn't force the jokes like they did in Epic Movie, Date movie, and Meet the Spartans. To many jokes get incorporated and not enough running gags like the fact Ray was being gay in the first two movies even though he wasn't. Of course it makes me wonder how much money most of these spoofs were paid to be made, because it would seem that they are losing a lot, especially on the fact that most of these movies last less then 90 minutes. Which annoy's me just because just as it is getting good the movie has ended, just like the way Spartan movie ended.

I liked the part where they had virtual men on a greenscreen Lol!10,000 Virtual Non Moving Men FTW!!Although some parts in there were not needed and some parts needed to be enhanced, I give it a 7/10.

Hehe....still have to see this movie.But from what I hear it sounds very good, from all the comments that I have heard from my friends on these forums...Currently going to the cinema to see 10,000BC, The Bank Job, Vantage Point...so it's on my "To-Do" list ^_^

Meet the spartans was a cheap ripoff of 300 trying to make it into a comedy. I thought that the jokes in this movie where pretty lame, but thats just my opinion. After watching this movie I can see why people have been rating it so low. It currently has a 2.3/10 rating on IMDB. I honestly don't think I laughed once during this entire movie and to those who haven't seen it yet I wouldn't wast your time.

Heres the IMDB link for more information on the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1073498/

I used to like that style of comedy, but now it's gotten old.

Yea I agree with your statement. For instance, the first couple of American Pies were a hit. But I guarantee no one realizes that they came out with yet another one titled "American Pie: Beta House." Also another example is the last couple of scary movies, the first were good but the last ones got to the point of being repetitive comedy. In fact these all can be somewhat related to each other, for overused comedy.

Yeah i just saw it last week it was hilarious but some parts were kind of dumb don't you say.The funniest part that i thought was when he was about to go to the war and he was with his wrong son haha i really cracked up at that part.....Very funny movie though

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, who wrote and directed "Meet the Spartans," make a living as cultural-reference bottom feeders. They're part of the "Scary Movie" franchise and made both "Date Movie" and, their most recent effort before "Spartans," last year's "Epic Movie."If only because "300" provides such a solid (as well as ludicrous) spine to hang a parody on, "Meet the Spartans" is an improvement over "Epic Movie," a take-off on the "Harry Potter" and "Narnia" series. It also cuts back on the earlier movie's general scuzziness, even if it does have a fair amount of specific scuzziness (hard to avoid with Carmen Electra as the female lead).The best thing in "Meet the Spartans" is the swift kick in the bombast it delivers to the oh-no-not-us homoeroticism of "300." When the warriors - all 13 of them - head off to war, they do so singing "I Will Survive." (The idea is much funnier than the execution, but the execution is still pretty funny.) Sean Maguire, who looks like a rough trade George Clooney, does a good job as King Leonidas. He has a raw-leather voice that sounds great whenever he bellows out "Spartans, prepare to die!" which is often. Acquitting herself almost as well is Nicole Parker, of "MADtv," who impersonates Spears, Hilton, Paula Abdul, and does a spot-on Ellen DeGeneres.Parker's day job indicates the basic problem with "Meet the Spartans" (assuming, that is, you don't mind endless crotch jokes, bodily-fluid jokes, and jokes that hinge on boldface names): It's a "MADtv" or "Saturday Night Live" sketch dressed up in feature-length clothing. It's way too much of an OK thing. And the way-too-much-ness goes on and on. The closing credit sequence gets interrupted for a five-minute parade of bits that Friedberg and Seltzer liked (presumably) but couldn't fit in.Maybe they should try spoofing "300" again, only next time using foreign film as a framing device rather than trash culture. They could trade one Paris for another and call it "The 300 Blows."