xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tricky77puzzle

Suggestion: "buying" More Space Use credits for something else as well...

I'm thinking of setting up a system of "buying" more webspace for your site, just like the domain name feature.

Say, if you pay 20 credits, you get another 100 MB of bandwidth for your site. Or, if you pay 40 credits, you get 10 MB more space.

What do you think?

Sorry, could you change the "buy" in the title into "buying"? It seems like I'm trying to promote a paid hosting site.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

You can always use the REPORT button to request title change or other request.OpaQue is in the working phrase of Credit System v3. Although nothing is set in stone--not to spread false rumors--trading your hosting credits for other hosting related is already under way.Stay tuned but please do not nag OpaQue :lol:

You can always use the REPORT button to request title change or other request.

OpaQue is in the working phrase of Credit System v3. Although nothing is set in stone--not to spread false rumors--trading your hosting credits for other hosting related is already under way.

Stay tuned but please do not nag OpaQue :lol:

Don't worry. I won't nag him. It was just a suggestion. If you think the above system is a little too lenient or too cheap or too expensive, you can tweak the ratios as you like. Like maybe trade 50 credits for 20 MB of space and 120 credits for a whole gigabyte of bandwidth.

As well, I thought the REPORT button was for reporting objectionable posts. If you had changed the title that way, I thought I would have gotten a 20% warning.

Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)

Well I would think you have to spend a lot more credits then that, but that would cool, but there is a problem though people post enough just to stay active for awhile then comeback and do some more posting. Although it would be an incentive to get people to post more and what not, but of course if Version 3 of the credit script is going to be something like though, I think it would be a good idea to create a topic for idea's and suggestions on what members would to do with these credits.

Well I would think you have to spend a lot more credits then that, but that would cool, but there is a problem though people post enough just to stay active for awhile then comeback and do some more posting. Although it would be an incentive to get people to post more and what not, but of course if Version 3 of the credit script is going to be something like though, I think it would be a good idea to create a topic for idea's and suggestions on what members would to do with these credits.

Well, that's the point. Most people post just enough to stay over 14 credits. So, if you paid 50 credits for 20 MB of space, you'd have to be extra active to get that. Making it anything really more than that is kinda cheap. (And it's only available for hosted members - don't forget that.)

I just came up with the idea because there isn't much else I can do with my 150 credits other than let them run down, or to build up 250 and get a free domain with them. I'm thinking, why not put it towards something useful?

Yes, I agree with your suggestion. I'm thinking, 500 MB may be sufficient enough only for a short period of time. I'm planning to post something like this too, but I see tricky777puzzle's post, so I just post it here. That feature will be nice. Maybe 30 credits for extra 50 MB?