xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Pray The Right Prayer

We all must have communication with God and that is Prayer. I wanna share with you some thing you should take note of. Pray the right Prayer.A high school boy prayed to God, before he left his home to write the final examination, ?Lord, please help me to pass in this exam. Let a studious boy sit near me so that I can easily copy the answer from his paper.? Lydia prayed, ?Lord, help me to get a seat in computer engineering in one of the best colleges in the city. But Lord, let not my classmate Mercy get a seat in any of these colleges. Exalt me Lord before her eyes!? ?I have prayed long for the conversion of my husband? said a woman, ?but he is far from conversion as ever?. ?Why do you want your husband to be converted? asked the pastor. ?Oh! It would be so nice. How different then the house would be!? replied the woman. The pastor rebuked her saying, ?You appear to be thinking mainly of yourself. Pray that the conversion of your husband should glorify God and that your husband should know the love of Christ the Savior?.we must be careful be careful when we lift our voices to our Lord in prayer. Our Lord is the Creator of all mankind and He is the Lord Almighty. Let us not treat Him as a magician who performs miracles or a lawyer who solves disputes and thus estimate His greatness cheaply. We have read the foolish and stupid prayers of a boy, a silly prayer of a girl and a selfish prayer of a woman. Will any of these prayers be answered by the Lord? Definitely No! Let us not be earthly minded, selfish and short sighted. Let us allow His will to be done in our lives and not dictate terms to Him for our selfish gains. Let us look to our Lord as our Savior, as our Friend, as our Father and as our Comforter. Let His name be glorified in whatever we ask and receive from Him.

When I pray, I never pray to anything that is selfish. I just don't have the heart to say to God, "Lord, Give me this, Give me that" I just don't!Whenever I pray I usually pray for the benefit of people around me and barely will I ever pray just for myself... Those that pray for themselves... REPENT! REPENT YOUR SELFISHNESS! Pray not only for the benefit of you but for the benefit of others too! God is righteous, and so should we be. The boy who prayed for a studious person sitting next to him does NOT truly believe in God, a true believer would have asked the Lord for forgiveness, wisdom, and a strong will on the day of the test. Those that seek greed and corruption through God will never find it. God is true and righteous, why should God answer prayers that are evil and unrighteous?Those that pray from their mouths just to impress other people are blasphemous! Pray from your heart! Let out your sins so they may be forgiven! Repent! Ask for forgiveness! Pray for the healthy life of others around you. Ask for blessing of your enemy! Let words flow from your heart! God will truly listen to a bright and true prayer...

This is all very true. If you're going to pray to God, pray for others. Same goes for any other religion.If you're going to show repentance to God, show it sincerely. God judges blasphemers even lower than nonbelievers. (Well, I'm not sure about that last fact, but I believe it myself.)If you're going to pray to God for selfishness, maybe you should think about why you believe in God in the first place. Are you hoping that he will give you a better life? Well, that might happen, but don't expect to be able to not do any work and let God work his magic in everything you don't do.

Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)

Pray is not just asking something to GOD. it tells us how weak we are and how powerful GOD is. we have to us to HIM for everything. Pray just take a person near to GOD. Never just be mean and pray to GOD just for you. ask for other too. sometimes he give you ontime and sometimes he give you late. sometimes we think GOD is not hearing to us. we in real GOD hear to us all but sometimes he doesn't do what we wants cause he knows better what is good and what is not good for us.

sometimes he give you on time and sometimes he give you late.

Doesn't God give everything he needs to on time? It only seems late from humans' perspectives because humans are impatient and God is the most patient, according to the Bible.

As well, I think it's kind of annoying when you capitalize the entire word "GOD" in all of your posts. You could put it in small caps (like THIS); that's what most Bibles do. You can exalt him all you want... but I think you're overdoing the name-calling.

yes! i was also thought to pray for other and your needs will be fulfilled by God automatically.there are many incidence in my spiritual life which has lead me to the conclusion that it is absolutely right!good luck!