xisto Community
KainRacure

Would It Be Against Trap17's Rules To Have A Wow Private Server Linked In My Sig?

I run a World of Warcraft Private server and I would like to put my banner (with a link) for my server in my sig but I do not know if it would be against the rules. I have seen other people posting links to web pages for WoW Private servers here and think it might be ok but I'd rather ask before getting in trouble :lol:

As noted, the link must respect the Xisto Readme, the Terms of Service and the Acceptable Use Policy.If the Server is 'legal', it would be allowed. Otherwise, if a Mod or Admin finds it to be unacceptable, we can alter or delete it from your signature. Same goes for a siggie's size.

Private WoW server validity is up to WoW's TOS. Xisto forum simply respects another service's TOS. We are good like that :lol:Anyway, check with WoW TOS to see if your server is within their guidelines. You may post link to your Private WoW server as long as you are not soliciting. You cannot share how to build Private WoW server in our forum, because I believe it's been deemed as against their TOS.

Private WoW server validity is up to WoW's TOS. Xisto forum simply respects another service's TOS. We are good like that :lol:
Anyway, check with WoW TOS to see if your server is within their guidelines. You may post link to your Private WoW server as long as you are not soliciting. You cannot share how to build Private WoW server in our forum, because I believe it's been deemed as against their TOS.

Well technically the server itself is not against WoW's TOS, HOWEVER using their client to access it may be against their EULA. That being said according to what you said here It is against the rules to post links to any WoW private server because doing so would most likely encourage people to break the WoW EULA.

So why are links allowed?

Also actually making a server is NOT against the WoW EULA or TOS at all, if you use all your own code. Servers like MANGOS ones are 100% ok to make (Ascent or antrix or wowemu and others that are made for the sole purpose of creating an emulated server for public use however ARE agianst the WoW EULA due to the fact that they use Blizzard's code and other stuff taken from the Blizzard client and are created specifically to allow access via Blizzard's client.) Connecting to them with the WoW Client from Blizzard however like I said would be against the WoW EULA. So why would tutorials on making a server be against the Xisto TOS?

Also I am working on a project with some people to create our own client with our own code and there by remove Blizzard from the mix making the servers 100% compliant with any TOS, EULA and what not because all the software will be open source and licensed under GPL. I will not put my links up here until this client is done then.

Thank you for the information.
Edited by KainRacure (see edit history)