xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damen

Obama's Speech

For those of you outside of the US, I am sure you are aware but may not follow too closely the democratic candidate primary elections. I won't get into a political rant, this is not the forum for that; however, I do want to share a link to Senator Barack Obama's transcript on his speech he gave today in Philadelphia:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I read this with just to keep up on the chatter and I was truly moved by some of the things that he has laid out in this speech. There is much truth in what he is saying, not saying he will fix it nor that anyone can fix it, but it needs to be addressed before we can move forward.

You may not agree with the man, his ideals or anything else, but this is one great bit of speech writing.

Barack Obama is by far one of the best speakers of today. He demonstrates a true and passionate understanding of his words at the primary rallies. I would have to say his speech in Madison, WI was one of his best. He discusses his victories in the Potomac primaries and how he plans to continue the "Change" movement. Please feel free to watch it in the link below:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It's true, Obama is a great oviator. The reason for this is because his pastor and church are very controversial yet outgoing, so this must have rubbed off on Obama as a child.Like from my experience, I've had very shy and cloisive parents for as long as I can remember, and only recently i've only come out of my shell to be someone that can be a good public speaker. I truly envy Obama, but did he really write that Speech himself?? The time for change is now! I wish I was old enough to vote... I agree with the ideals and principals that Obama was trying to convey in his speech, but at the same time, I think that he's just too opinionated, and has no real plan to pack up his intentions.

Yes it is important to speek well but its how you run the country that is important. The clown can go on and on about what he says he's going to do and how he's going to do this and all that crap but at the end of the day all we care about is how he runs and country because the way he runs America can change the whole world. Considering its Obama the change will probably be for the worst. He has hardly any experience at all and he's an idiot so even though he's not a bad speaker no one really cares.

Yes it is important to speek well but its how you run the country that is important. The clown can go on and on about what he says he's going to do and how he's going to do this and all that crap but at the end of the day all we care about is how he runs and country because the way he runs America can change the whole world. Considering its Obama the change will probably be for the worst. He has hardly any experience at all and he's an idiot so even though he's not a bad speaker no one really cares.

Glad you live in Australia :)

Even though I do partly agree with you, I really do not think you can call him an "idiot." Furthermore, I don't think you can call any presidential candidate an idiot, for if they were one they most likley would not have been in the position that they are in today.

But, like I said, I do agree with you on the fact the the president needs to be able to act on the promises he has called upon. Sure, you can promise to change the world, and promise to fix everything, but what matters the most is how you actually become to those promises.

Nonetheless, I'm hoping Obama is able to act to those promises, and prove is worthy of the position he has been given.

Even though I do partly agree with you, I really do not think you can call him an "idiot." Furthermore, I don't think you can call any presidential candidate an idiot, for if they were one they most likley would not have been in the position that they are in today.

i didn't mean it literally. like he has an IQ of 50. i mean that he makes the wrong choices. like say someone ruins their life by going on drugs you might call them an idiot. most politions are "smart" in the fact that they manipulate everyone which isn't a good thing. but i think obama made a stupid choice of vice-president (even though Biden is better than Obama) and his policies especially on the war on terror i don't agree with. i just thought i'd clarify what i meant by idiot.

i didn't mean it literally. like he has an IQ of 50. i mean that he makes the wrong choices. like say someone ruins their life by going on drugs you might call them an idiot. most politions are "smart" in the fact that they manipulate everyone which isn't a good thing. but i think obama made a stupid choice of vice-president (even though Biden is better than Obama) and his policies especially on the war on terror i don't agree with. i just thought i'd clarify what i meant by idiot.

Yeah... I guess I do see what you are getting at. But... I think in terms of who made a stupider pick in VP, it's obviously Mccain. I think Mccain might've had a much better opportunity to beat Obama, but his lousy choice of VP really did ruin his chances, if he had any.

Yeah... I guess I do see what you are getting at. But... I think in terms of who made a stupider pick in VP, it's obviously Mccain. I think Mccain might've had a much better opportunity to beat Obama, but his lousy choice of VP really did ruin his chances, if he had any.

i have to disagree. Palin seems bad because of how good McCain is. Biden seems good because of how bad Obama is. So yes McCain didn't pick a vp as good as himself but that would be hard because McCain is just the perfect candidate. He faught in war, he's from the GOP and yeah he's great. Biden isn't great but he'd be a better choice than Obama.

Obama is all "change" and bull but no backing behind what he promises. In my opinion (you don't have to agree with me and I know there probably will be strong opposition) Obama is one of the worst US Presidents in history. America has achieved a lot, more than any other nation on Earth and Obama is going to ruin that by playing a gamble like taking troups out of Iraq. I don't care if he gambles his house at the bloody pokies but he's risking the wealth and security of America. Yes you might say America is currently doing very bad financially but it can (and probably will) get a lot worse with a damn rookie in power. The president of the United States has to be someone with experience not someone who just has optomistic dreams about the future of America. We need a realist who has experience and a VP who people can relate to like Palin.

America is in for a difficult 4 but hopefully they will make a smarter choice next election.