xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FlameX

Adobe Committs Flash To The Iphones

Adobe Systems is committed to bringing Flash to the iPhone

Flash is synonymous with the Internet and, frankly, anybody who wants to browse the Web and experience the Web's glory really needs Flash support

The CEO is surely adding Flash support to the iPhone isn't a problem. They have evaluated the SDK and they will now start to develop the Flash player theirselves and think it benefits our joint customers

CEO was also diplomatic, saying twice that Adobe wants to work with Apple.

"We think it benefits our joint customers. So we want to work with Apple to bring that capability to the device," he said(CEO said).

But Jobs also seems to be sure about his position. Last week, he was quoted saying Apple hadn't adopted Adobe's mobile version of its Flash program because of technical and performance concerns.

At the time, he suggested Adobe work on a new version of the player, according to The Wall Street Journal.

An Apple spokesman in Europe declined to comment about Adobe's plans.

Microsoft announced earlier this week that its Windows Mobile software for cell phones will support Flash as well as Microsoft's competing Silverlight technology.

Now its gonna be great fun coz Flash is gonna be added in the iPhones . <_<

I don't get this. I thought that because iPhone already supported a internet browser it already had access to flash. Are they talking about a separate stand alone player outside browsers? If so then I could understand the difference there.

I don't get this. I thought that because iPhone already supported a internet browser it already had access to flash. Are they talking about a separate stand alone player outside browsers? If so then I could understand the difference there.

The iPhone does have a very similar copy of safari built into it, but it doesn't support flash. If you were to go to a website with flash on it you would see an empty space where the flash would normally go. Even though it looks like it is integrated into websites, flash is actually a stand alone app that the browser runs inside itself to make the transition between flash and html as seamless as possible, but since the SDK just came out, flash hasn't had too much flexibility to make a version of flash for the iphone/ipod touch untill now. It will be interesting to see how they go about this and rendering different versions of swf's out there.