xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kingofsnakes

My Chemistry Teacher Makes Me Mad! i hate her

i have this chemistry teacher and she keeps finding new mays to piss me off. the whole school was doing a project for chemistry, and i was asked by a teacher why we werent doing it.(it was during an after school credit recovery program). i told her that my chem teacher didnt assign it to us. they said that there was no way because the whole school had it. so they asked one of my classmates in regular school and he said no too. then they started talking about it. and one of the teachers said that they heard my chem teacher didnt think my class could do it. i got really mad, but i didnt show it, i mean that is basically our chem teacher saying we were dumb. and were in 10th grade in one of the best schools in the U.S.A. B.Sand she really pissed me off today. <_< i completed 7/7 homework assignments, and i handed in about 95% of all classwork, and i participated. i failed a lot of her tests, but tests are only 25% of your grade so i was expecting about a 70. she showed me my grade: 60, when you need 65 to pass the class. i was irate, but i didnt show it, because knowing her she'll bump me down to a 50. :( and heres where it gets interesting. i was out for one week during febuary because of a nasty stomach virus. but while i was out, they did an important classwork assignment, and when i came back, the teacher didnt even mention it to me. i mean how hard is it to say "listen (kingofsnakes), while you were out, we did an important assignent,, here is the asignment, and here's the notes you'll need to do the assignment. give it in by friday"if she had spent one minute of her time doing that, i would have a 70 at least. and to make matters worse my school offers a tutoring program for those who are struggling in whatever class. but i cant go to the tutoring because my credit recovery programs are on the same days as the tutoring, and credit recovery is mandatory or you get left behind, so i cant just go to tutoring, so i really dont think its fair that she fails me because of credit recovery classes the SCHOOL made me attend. :( i wont call her a b1t(h but she could definitely be classified as one. what do u guys think?( and B.T.W i dont mind if you tell me im doing something wrong just dont be mean about it).thank you for reading my sad little vent

Yeah, your teacher sounds pretty bad. But the "we can't do the project that everyone else is doing part" really doesn't matter, teachers just like sticking to their own lesson plans and as long as I'm learning stuff and it's not a totally ridiculous plan I'm fine with that. As for the missed assignment, well, you should have asked her if you missed anything while you were gone, but if you didn't ask then she should have told you, that is her being a bad teacher. The problem is that there are a lot of bad teachers and that's not gonna change so you have to pick up their slack.From what you said she doesn't sound that terrible, but I'm guessing that she's really annoying in little things, which is what makes teachers annoying for me.

i failed a lot of her tests, but tests are only 25%

I got a 99% in chemistry when I took it in 10th, grade, mind listing some of the things you don't get? If you fail the tests but do the homework and all, you don't really learn anything. Whether that's good or bad is up to you.

she basically cant teach to save her life, thats why even the smartest kids fail her tests.she doesnt give out pop quizzes alot, but her tests are absolutely brutal. really really hard questions, that we had no idea that they would be on the test so we didnt study them. period.and i live in NYC, and half the teachers dont live up to the standards exepcted of a college graduate. i knew public schools suck, but this is rediculous

Edited by kingofsnakes (see edit history)

Well....

My Chemistry Teacher Makes Me Mad!

Replying to kingofsnakes

You had me up until the part where you talked about being out sick. I cannot emphasize enough that as a student, you are COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE for your own education. If your in tenth grade, you should be old enough to be responsible. I'm not sure if you specified if you ever made an attempt to get the work, but as soon as you came back you should have talked to her about what you missed. I cant imagine how you expected her to have everthing in a neat little packet just for you, despite the fact that she probably has a hundred other things going on in her life. Next time, I would sugguest that you be more responsible and make sure that you show her some care and effort. Even if you had no work, you should have checked with all your teachers just to be sure. Additionally, if you make an effort and show her you care, she will probably give you the benefit of the doubt that it sounds like you need.

-reply by Edward

my teacher is blind shes retarted

My Chemistry Teacher Makes Me Mad!

This is ridicoulous another person hating there teacher know what teachers are ityits they wanan be a teacher so they can torcher kids I have a teacher named mme menard who gave me 10 pages becuase a kid beside me was laughing at who knows what and she said nathaniel stop talking and gave me a whole crap load of freaking homework I'm utting on a ski mask and taking a hammer becuz I had enough she won't se whats coming

-reply by Nathaniel

Our chem teacher sucks! no one understands anything but I had a 97 cause I did all the homework and took notes but I don't understand anything about it really. And I know she will contunue to teach this way and know one will ever understand chem! Gr I HATE HER!-reply by aslkdfjl;kes

Yeah, your not the only one that hates his chemistry teacher, ours is extremely unfair. One time a guy right in front of me was pulling my wrist like hell ( he wants to know what time it is, our class doesn't have a clock), I try to shake him off, then she looks at me and says " you have become a very bad student!" and detucts 2% of my overall grade! I  TRIED to tell her that I didn't do anything, but she didn't care. Well, I chat a lot with my friends next and behind me, but I swear that she overreacts TOO MUCH. She says I do nothing but talk, but I actually work a lot in chemistry. Everyone in class calls this  teacher what you consider urs to be.