xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vijeth

Do You Know The Truth About Spread Of Aids Through A Needle?

This would really be very strange as i will tell you the truth all about the spread about AIDS through syrenge.Friends, Actually posibily of tranfer of AIDs virus through need is very less or just a chance factor in one in a million. Thsi is coz as i am a biologist i know What hapens to the virus when it comes out of human body. The virus cannot servive, hence it go into stage where it committs sucide.. This is a molecular biology ascept which you can understand only if u go deep into the subject.Hence if a needle is pricked and then it is injected into an another person all of the sudden with in 2 seconds or so only then there would be the chace of infection. And suppose that happents too there will not be any problem and that person will not get aids because the entry of virus from that needle will only be a very negligible quantity and that would be straight cleaned away form out defence mechanism present in our body called as immuno defence. Hence there is a very very litle change that person pricked by need get aids.plz be aware of this and spread the teuth even to your friends.Thank you

your a biologist but not a so called virologist. biologist only study the functions,mechanisms and,factors of the body. i know you also touch some mechanism of disease but you cannot say that spread of aids is minimal through needles.aids are spread through bodily fluids. aids attack t4 helper cells that help so called immuno defenses what to attack. not sure about this one but if its that easy then why is it spreading in a rapid rate?if your so sure that the spread is minimal then try it for yourself and let's wait 6 months to see your lab resulti am a so called medical technologist in some countries.

Well, I can say that if you're going to typ lyk dis then I won't want to take you seriously on your post. If you really are a biologist, then type like a biologist, use proper grammer like a biologist, and spell things correctly.

Anyway, now that I have chewed you out, lets take a look at your topic.

If transfer of the AIDS virus through use of a needle or syrenge is the second leading cause of the transfer of the HIV virus (you don't catch AIDS like you would another virus, it's just the most advanced form of it) then obviously there is a greater chance then one in a million. While yes, a virus cannot survive a long time outside of an organism, it wouldn't take just two seconds after the removal of the needle for the virus to die. And I'm not totally sure, but I think that some viruses go into a dormant stage when outside of the body. . . not so sure on that one. . . I should do a little more reading. . .

Anyway, here are some facts about AIDS:

How you can get the virus that causes AIDS:

Unprotected sexuall intercourse in which the male ejaculates or he comes in contact with the female's vaginal fluids.

Sharing of needles from syrenges that could have possibly held drugs.

Having yourself be deeply punctured-or stabbed- with a piece of HIV infected equipment (such as a knife)

Or if you got a blood transfusion in the 80's

You cannot get AIDS from kissing or contacting someone (i.e. sharing a drink or shaking a hand or hugging someone-even sharing the seat on a public toilet.)

And AIDS itself doesn't kill you. It's the infections that you get when you have the virus that kill you.

So yes, you can and probibly will get the HIV virus through sharing of an infected needle. So kids, don't do drugs <_<

Sources: Teenwire.com

Well, there are needles and then there are needles.....The statistical risk in health care workers from a freshly contaminated needle, with blood from a know HIV positive person is 0.3%. That is 3 in a thousand sticks with a known positive fresh needle. That isn't Lotto kind of odds, but not as high as one might think.If you consider risk from discarded needles in alleys, playgrounds, or abandoned houses, the risk is essentially zero. There has never been a recorded case of HIV conversion from that type of exposure.

well ief u typz liek thiez me no taek joo srslythere is a chance of you getting HIV infected while you share a needle with someone who is HIV +the problem is how you use the needle and what has been done withif you stick it directly into your vein there is a higher risk attached then on a random part in your bodyat first the viral strains of the HIV part have to survive in your body and grow up to a number where it actually can make you sick(this can take several years by the way)But as said before the virus just nukes your own 'protection system' commonly known as the immune systemand thats how you get sick and tend to die after some agonyThe fastest way you tend to receive the HIV virus is to have sex (it's also transmittable by foreplay as in eating out and such) another fast way to generally become HIV positive is to stab yourself (or get stabbed) with an infected objectthis is normally a knife or metal spike Thirdly there is the blood transfusion if your going to get HIV+ blood you can be pretty sure that in about half a years time you too indeed will be HIV+Needles (normal syringes) are really tiny and can only carry so much the risk of infection is really low(sorry for the 0 interpunction people)

Well, I can say that if you're going to typ lyk dis then I won't want to take you seriously on your post. If you really are a biologist, then type like a biologist, use proper grammer like a biologist, and spell things correctly.

Anyway, now that I have chewed you out, lets take a look at your topic.

If transfer of the AIDS virus through use of a needle or syrenge is the second leading cause of the transfer of the HIV virus (you don't catch AIDS like you would another virus, it's just the most advanced form of it) then obviously there is a greater chance then one in a million. While yes, a virus cannot survive a long time outside of an organism, it wouldn't take just two seconds after the removal of the needle for the virus to die. And I'm not totally sure, but I think that some viruses go into a dormant stage when outside of the body. . . not so sure on that one. . . I should do a little more reading. . .

Anyway, here are some facts about AIDS:

How you can get the virus that causes AIDS:Unprotected sexuall intercourse in which the male ejaculates or he comes in contact with the female's vaginal fluids.

Sharing of needles from syrenges that could have possibly held drugs.

Having yourself be deeply punctured-or stabbed- with a piece of HIV infected equipment (such as a knife)

Or if you got a blood transfusion in the 80's

You cannot get AIDS from kissing or contacting someone (i.e. sharing a drink or shaking a hand or hugging someone-even sharing the seat on a public toilet.)

And AIDS itself doesn't kill you. It's the infections that you get when you have the virus that kill you.

So yes, you can and probibly will get the HIV virus through sharing of an infected needle. So kids, don't do drugs :)

Sources: Teenwire.com

FYI, it's *grammar, *probably, *sexual, and *syringes. :)

It makes sense that virii cannot survive without a host and thus would perish under any other condition. However, what you may be thinking about as far as dormancy would include some kinds of bacteria, notably some from as old as the age of the dinosaurs (if I remember correctly). Those bacteria actually survived by being "preserved" in the sediment of some lakes... I have no source, but I do remember reading something about it.

I don't think that the AIDS virus has developed itself to be that hardy. Then again, look at the damage it can do to the human body...

Ok enough of the bad spelling comments please and speaking of AIDS and HIV, I saw an article stating that scientific team believes AIDS or HIV has been around a lot longer then most everyone believes in. If I remember correctly I think they mention that it could be trace back to or after the Civil Warm, and so one has to think why did it become such a big problem to begin with. Obvious answer as sex both underage and unprotected but then again you would think it would be a even bigger problem back then because of transfusions and what not. Of course, that is still a major problem today is that a good portion of hospitals still don't have a good screening program and people who did not have AIDS or HIV suddenly get these deadly viruses because of dirty needle. As for a cure hard to say who to believe if there is an actual cure or not.

eh last time i checked you need, idk how many years of college to obtain the tittle of being a "biologist" which require a lot of typed essays.. so i doubt you are one.. but still you shouldnt be telling people needles wont give them aids.. because/.. they might, and well yeah, once you get aids your pretty much screwed

I have heard that in some countries, people with HIV/AIDS have put infected needles in the seats at cinemas, so when people sit down they get stabbed by the needle and contract the disease- is this true or not?A200

I really can't judge the information in the original poster's message. This is mostly because they claim to have this great knowledge about the subject, however their grammar is way off. This in itself should be enough proof that they never went to college, therefore never obtaining a degree in said field.Because of this, I will go with the previous knowledge about the subject, stating that what he or she said was completely false. You can get AIDS/HIV from needles that have the virus on them. This is why you will hear so many nurses and/or doctors ask people who have tattoos that have gone wrong if they are sure they were using a sterilized needle.

Please read through the following points very carefully & don't send emails and post rumors related to Medical ailments, AIDS in this case without having complete knowledge about it (even partial knowledge could be grossly dangerous... which i can see in the forum :lol:).* HIV - Human Immuno deficiency virus (virus) requires *ONLY* *Blood or Semen* as medium to transmit from one body to another. This is proven. Some people debate about Saliva. Read through the next point. You will get a picture.* HIV (AIDS causing virus) cannot be transmitted even through *Saliva*(mucous) i.e . even if HIV-infected patient coughs or smooches and another person is exposed to his sputum (cough) or saliva, the virus still can not transmit because concentration of virus particles in sputum is almost NIL & exposure to air anyway kills virus in fraction of seconds. In one of the interviews i heard a doctor say that a bucket of saliva has to be transferred between parties for possibility of HIV virus to be transported... funny... huh...* This is a very rare situation and has not happened much to my knowledge. In case an HIV-infected person gets an injury (like the cut in below mentioned story) and he is bleeding, the virus can transmit to another person only if another person has a cut/wound in his body & that too when blood from both person comes in contact with each other* (this is also very very rare unless bleeding is very high) and not otherwise. Direct contact is not possible most of the time.* HIV can never survive in any other liquid medium also other than blood or semen. There was this rumor that existed... where HIV exists in food items that came from the one who cooks it and eating the contaminated food will bring you HIV, which is a complete *BLEEP*. So there is no truth in as it cannot exist in such mediums.* Will drinking of the infected blood cause the infection/ disease? - Even if one drinks an HIV infected blood (or semen) (which is again a very very rare case) of someone (ingest through Intestinal track or the digestive system), the HIV virus can not survive in the acidic (HCL acids present inside the stomach) pH of stomach. Highest extent of acidity is 0 (practically not possible) so imagine 1 as pH which is in our stomach. (This pH can burn your own finger in less than a second if you dip in that acid). So ignore this possibility too...* Exposure of the HIV virus to air for relatively less time will kill it for sure(hence people carrying needles and infecting others). Even if blood from a wound (of infected person) dries up (clotting of the blood), HIV is no more alive and can not infect anyone else* Transmission of HIV is considered ONLY an INFECTION and not the disease itself. i.e.entrance of virus in one's body. It DOES NOT MEAN AIDS right away.* A person infected with HIV (which is after the entrance of the virus) can progress to a condition of AIDS (which is actually a disease) only after so many years.. so if you have heard of rumors of AIDS tomorrow or the day after... its all crap.* Ok. I have heard that its not HIV that kills a person but something else. What is this all about?Yes. Its true. Its not the virus that kills the infected person but other diseases that attacks the body due to lack of immunity. * Then how is AIDS a killer?Yes. right question. Because, HIV is responsible for the death of your immune system in the first place. That is what HIV do. fight against your immune system.. that is the white blood cells and kill them and makes your body vulnerable for other diseases.* How can i be safe from the disease?--> Safe sex--> Safe blood transfusion (check before taking and giving)--> Avoid blood contact during an accident/ chances--> clean habits.--> Right information like this one. No rumors.

The people who are sharing needles to inject drugs are more likely to die long before AIDS takes them out. Overdose, shot by dealers, suicide...anyway this is too morbid to get into.

I think I'll just follow the standard public health warningsabout aids and needle use.It's a scary disease. It would definitly be news to me that sharing aninfected needle wasn't that dangerous,if notgetting aids,then hepatitus.