xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Movie Review: No Country For Old Men

Well I pickup this movie the other day or more like on Monday after splurging on some new shoes and some sandals and what not, and so yesterday I watch this movie and boy I feel sad for missing this on the theaters. Basically Javier Bardem's character Anton Chigurh (sugar) is what made this movie. Put it like this we all believe killer's to be insane but I think Anton was actually sane the whole time during this movie as he killed off most of the main cast, and yes that is a spoiler since this movie has been out for awhile now. Of course Brolin was big in this movie I am surprise he didn't get an award for this movie. Anyway basically it was a drug gone bad and someone was not supposed to know, and so between Texas and Mexico as bodies start piling up right from the beginning with what I believe to be the most ingenious way to kill someone.

Anton had a tank of pressurized air attached to a nozzle which had a square piece of metal in that metal, and when you pressed that handle that square piece of metal came out, and well you can kill someone with in and bust locks to doors to it. Of course after that he had a shotgun with a silencer on it I think or a canister that kept the shotgun pellets from spreading and thus they would act more like a bullet then anything else. Then of course we had our assortment of sniper rifles, uzi's, hand guns and so on and so forth.

You can see that shotgun here, and the air gun picture

Great dialog, great pace for the movies, awesome jobs from the actors, including the ones that got shot up pretty badly. However, I wasn't to fond of the ending even though the car crash was awesome with broken bones sticking out and what not. It was just the way it ended though with Tommy Lee Jones. Either way I give this more a 10/10 just because it has 4 Oscars and the fact they are well deserved Oscars for this movie.

Well I pickup this movie the other day or more like on Monday after splurging on some new shoes and some sandals and what not, and so yesterday I watch this movie and boy I feel sad for missing this on the theaters. Basically Javier Bardem's character Anton Chigurh (sugar) is what made this movie. Put it like this we all believe killer's to be insane but I think Anton was actually sane the whole time during this movie as he killed off most of the main cast, and yes that is a spoiler since this movie has been out for awhile now. Of course Brolin was big in this movie I am surprise he didn't get an award for this movie. Anyway basically it was a drug gone bad and someone was not supposed to know, and so between Texas and Mexico as bodies start piling up right from the beginning with what I believe to be the most ingenious way to kill someone.

Anton had a tank of pressurized air attached to a nozzle which had a square piece of metal in that metal, and when you pressed that handle that square piece of metal came out, and well you can kill someone with in and bust locks to doors to it. Of course after that he had a shotgun with a silencer on it I think or a canister that kept the shotgun pellets from spreading and thus they would act more like a bullet then anything else. Then of course we had our assortment of sniper rifles, uzi's, hand guns and so on and so forth.

You can see that shotgun here, and the air gun picture

Great dialog, great pace for the movies, awesome jobs from the actors, including the ones that got shot up pretty badly. However, I wasn't to fond of the ending even though the car crash was awesome with broken bones sticking out and what not. It was just the way it ended though with Tommy Lee Jones. Either way I give this more a 10/10 just because it has 4 Oscars and the fact they are well deserved Oscars for this movie.

ihave no much sense about it,i'd rather like 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"

than it,but idon't know why the film got four award in Hollywood ,老无所依

Edited by ychael (see edit history)

I like most of the movies the Coen brothers write and produce. I liked "No Country for Old Men"a well, but I also wouldn't give it 4 Oscars.Maybe it was over-hyped and I expected more from it.Did anyone else get the feeling that the storyline was a little similar to Fargo?