xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
klusk

Two Lan Ports Problem cant connect to counter-strike server

here....i think i know the problem...but i cant find the solution....I use windows XP SP 2 ...Asus motherboard..I use integrated Ethernet port (NVIDIA nforce controller) to connect to the hostel LAN and used the same connection to get internet (using proxy). I played counter-strike without any problem...Everything worked fine until i took a direct ADSL internet connection...So i installed a separate ethernet card (INTEX rtl8139D) which i use to connect to the internet...So now i have two LAN ports ...one for internet and one for LAN...The problem is...i cant connect to any counter-strike servers created on LAN...Disabling the internet connection allows me to connect to the cs servers...I think the reason why this is happening is :CS is trying to use my internet port to connect to the LAN server....so it is failing...so how do i specify which port is for internet and which is for LAN...or i guess the applications themselves decide which one to use...and CS isn't able to do so correctly..... I use XP...if there is a setting in CS (i searched but i didn't find any) that needs to be changed ...then please let me know...My internet works...i can play FIFA on LAN ...but only CS has got some problem with it....

how to implement external lan card place of internal lan card

Two Lan Ports Problem

In intel motherboard there is a internal lan card connected allready

So it does not work properly so I wana install a new external lan card

Then what we have to do.

-reply by puneet

how to implement external lan card place of internal lan card

Two Lan Ports Problem

In intel motherboard there is a internal lan card connected allready

So it does not work properly so I wana install a new external lan card

Then what we have to do.

sorry...i wasn't here for a couple of months....now i m back

i can just hope that you read this....

so you have an internal lan card and you want an extra one i.e external.

you need to buy one...here in india it will cost you around Rs 200-250

then just install it into your PCI slots , install the drivers and then its ready for use.

no big deal about it.......

Can't you specify the very port in CS settings ?Since you got a ethernet card on motherboard, why you install another one ?In my opinion, one ethernet card is enough for LAN and ADSL.

To install 2 LAN cards on the same motherboard windows have some limited option ( Bridge connection ) etc. but however it is not that successful , if you are planning to install 2 or more lan cards on the same mother board go for Linux , but in your case you have to find ways to make Counter strike run in Linux and it is going to be a big deal.Anyway give a try.