xisto Community
gisellebebegirl

Review My Site? At www.chantellepaige.org

Ok.. so. after almost trowing up on how disgusting my site used to look. i tried something different.. please visit here.
Its a flipsyde & chantelle paige fansite.. doubt you know who they are.. but still i need opinions & advice on the way the site looks

XD

Looks good.If anything, I would widen the main column and centre the page, but that is just me... <_<The contrast between the background and the text is not great for reading, but I guess not all the eyes on that page are as old and tired as mine.

Oh the website is center it is that giant banner that makes it look off center there, and to start off I say you need to work in smaller banner sizes because when you have image taking up a lot of space people won't stay long. Even though it is a fansite/myspace website. Also get out of frames as it is not really necessary for php when you can do a simple php include to have the same results. As it was very tricky to see what can of validation problems you have, you have about 90 problems to fix, but I think that is all coming from cutenews so it should reduce about all of them if you did remove the cutenews stuff. I do agree with haslip that there is something wrong with your text, and that it is way to small, and I have good eyes and that text hurts, I say bump it up to at least two font sizes, and italiicze your nav menu, a bold might look better. Other those things it looks good for a fansite.

Oh the website is center it is that giant banner that makes it look off center there, and to start off I say you need to work in smaller banner sizes because when you have image taking up a lot of space people won't stay long. Even though it is a fansite/myspace website. Also get out of frames as it is not really necessary for php when you can do a simple php include to have the same results. As it was very tricky to see what can of validation problems you have, you have about 90 problems to fix, but I think that is all coming from cutenews so it should reduce about all of them if you did remove the cutenews stuff.
I do agree with haslip that there is something wrong with your text, and that it is way to small, and I have good eyes and that text hurts, I say bump it up to at least two font sizes, and italiicze your nav menu, a bold might look better.

Other those things it looks good for a fansite.

errors? haha most of them, are from me, [my ip adress] i write out the wrong diretctories on test pages
and keep getting error, when nothing shows up, or is found.. haha.. but i like the big headers..

saint michael is just jealous no one has made a fansite for him haha (:

and the text. i had a problem with it, i forgot to close to itilixe thingie.. haha (: other than that, im changing some of the colors, so theyll pop.. [ i just kept the colors the original stylesheet had (:]

it looks good my comments are going to be very simmiler to the other ones, you should make the banner smaller, it's to big, also i would recomend changing the font size from 10px to 12px, so that it is easier to read.

yo- first thing i noticed, it's coming up slowly, probably because of the image used on the top, that's a massive 500kb picture. i have optimized and attached it. now it's 55kb and you would hardly see any difference. please don't use any picture over 50kb. about the picture design i you use one picture and add few art work which says something that would sound better than blending and mirroring few of them. i have attached a file to show what i mean, ignore butterfly, they are symbol of artwork, you can use much much better art work, have a look at coca cola web site you will find gorgeous curvy artworks there. the picture i used means (to me) that this site is opening a door for fans. if you think more about ideas and spend more time on it (i just spend 5 min for this one while normally i spend few days) you will get come up with beautiful artworks.- secondly, although the picture and navigation bar background is black the page background is white, the proportion and combination doesn't make sense to me, if you change main background color to black would be better.- thirdly reorganize tables, alignments doesn't look right.+ as a general advise have a look at other fan site as well, choose the best one and try to do see why that's better in your mind, apply reasons to your website if you care.it was my honest idea about your website. So far i'm not proud of websites i have designed so don't hate me.at the end, well done if you had more than 100,000 visitors.

post-58025-1205685900_thumb.jpg

post-58025-1205689561_thumb.jpg

haha i didnt know it took that long to load.. [its probably because of some videos i had, i removed them.. since the website didnt pass the daniela test/.. she has really slow dial up internet, and if it loads within a minute for her, we are cool (:] haha is the pic really that big? i dont know, i like using PNG format, because when i make it jpeg or whatever, the quality looks cheap, almost as if i did it in some crap program, like paint... [i like to show off hehe] but yea.. mmm artwork? i have a lot of brushes/.. trust me a LOT over 100mb of them..

i dont know, simple has never worked for me, when i do, i feel like it looks crappy.. (: also, days? haha, if i spent days making something, i would shot myself, from all the times i redid it haha.. the website itself [new look, took me an hour, which explains the crapyness (:]

haha yup, 100,000 hits, since i moved it to have-heart.net ... (:

yo

- first thing i noticed, it's coming up slowly, probably because of the image used on the top, that's a massive 500kb picture. i have optimized and attached it. now it's 55kb and you would hardly see any difference. please don't use any picture over 50kb. about the picture design i you use one picture and add few art work which says something that would sound better than blending and mirroring few of them. i have attached a file to show what i mean, ignore butterfly, they are symbol of artwork, you can use much much better art work, have a look at coca cola web site you will find gorgeous curvy artworks there. the picture i used means (to me) that this site is opening a door for fans. if you think more about ideas and spend more time on it (i just spend 5 min for this one while normally i spend few days) you will get come up with beautiful artworks.

- secondly, although the picture and navigation bar background is black the page background is white, the proportion and combination doesn't make sense to me, if you change main background color to black would be better.

- thirdly reorganize tables, alignments doesn't look right.

+ as a general advise have a look at other fan site as well, choose the best one and try to do see why that's better in your mind, apply reasons to your website if you care.

it was my honest idea about your website. So far i'm not proud of websites i have designed so don't hate me.

at the end, well done if you had more than 100,000 visitors.

Your website is like a myspace page. It looks fine for its uasge, but it's not very professional looking. The navigation looks strange in italic. and the font is kinda small. I think it is good for its purpose, but not extremely professional.

The site looks easy for the eyes, not to bad. Navigation is clear cut. Im guessing the header is supposed to be up there, but it's not so i wont
point out the obvious :-). The banner on the right, makes your thingie move to the left. I don't like that. If i had to rate it. 7.5

+It's easy for the eyes+It's easy to navigate-Generic Fansite look-The banner makes it look off center

I hope your next layout will give you more space for pictures, and content. Good luck --

yeah i agree with the coolcat that your site layout looks unprofessional 1st of the the width size is really small increase the size and the reduce the header image it's over large which really don't looks good at the site and yeah if i were the site developer that i would make a menu at the bottom of the headerOtherwise the placing of the banners and the menu is fine you need little bit more design work on it. Don't know why the color combination is also not looking good why don't you try to change the color combination of the site.i think it's enough commenting on your site. hope you will get my points rest it's upto your cause it's your property and your site what ever you do with that :lol:

The color scheme seems fit for your site theme, and it does look nice but it would have been nice to have had the whole thing centered instead of aligned left. The main thing that bugged me was all the ads. The home page just had the google adwords and the banner which is fine, but when I navigate to one of the subpages I am bombarded with ads of every type and I can't tell where the ads and the content begin and end. It just feels closed up. Open it up a bit. It doesn't hurt to have a few extra empty lines here and there instead of a whole jumble of text and images in one corner and the rest be dark grey.

Just a heads up, I could be wrong.. but worth checking into. I think adsense only want 3 ads per page. I noticed you have four google ads. Might worth checking into.-Peace!