xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonesay

Looking For Os X Program To View Hard Drive Usage

Does anyone know of a program to give you a visual view of your hard disk? I know there is one on windows but I dont remember the name here sorry. I've got only 80GB of space and only 10GB is free. I am not sure what is taking up all that space could it be the OS?. A program to give me a visual view of how much space is taken up by what would help a lot in tracking used up space.If there is any other method for hunting down used space and clearing it on OS X would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Dude that's pimp I'm gonna check it out now. Thanks for posting it I never would of found it if you didn't. I'll post any comments on it after here.Edit. I just tried it out its pretty good not too slow but the limit on 20GB is a annoying as you cant find many files starting from root folder.

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

link removed

i do believe this is a zip of the full version...

Notice from rvalkass:

According to the site you need to pay for a licence. A free download of the full version therefore seems a little questionable. Link removed.

http://ww2.cs.mu.oz.au/~aaron/prog/baobab-macos.shtml

Just came across this site, and remembered this topic. The original program has become dependent on GNOME, but this link provides some help on how to install it on a Mac OS. This page also provides where to download the program and a list of the dependencies it requires.