xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Saint Michael's Movie Review Corner : Be Kind Rewind

Well it has been awhile since I did a movie review due to school and all that stuff, and with hte wonderful stress I build up because of it I am glad I went to the movies. Before I get into the movie I have to mention something that was very freaky, this artist had build a life size old man, paper mache or maybe something else but, at first look you think it was real because how life like it was. Also what made it even more convincing was the fact that the lighting to this sculpture hit it just right you would think Oh My god. Heck while waiting for the movie to start I couldn't help but keep looking at the thing and see if the guy was real or not, sadly I have no picture of it but either way it was freaky and quite disturbing.

Ok on to the movie review:

First I have to say I am not much of a Jack Black fan, he has talent don't get me wrong, but not a fan of how he does comedy. However, as for this movie he did awesome due to what I call a "serious comedy" which is a comedy movie but at the right time it has some serious moments which this movie had. Mos Def and Danny Glover did a good job as well, and to think Danny Glover is an old man now so I don't think he had to dye his hair grey <_<, and surprisingly Sigourney Weaver made a cameo which surprise me because the last time I saw her was in Holes.

Although you can tell from the trailer what the movie is about, I'll won't go into much detail about except the movie making they did got better and better as more people joined in on the fun which made it even better. To me the dialog was good especially in the serious moments. The pace of the movie was good especially for it's 1 hour and 47 minutes, which is kind of short but still the timing to it was still good. I recommend this movie to anyone especially those who need a stress reliever like I did, also if you want to score good points with your partner then take him or her to it because it is a good couples movie as well.

Rating

I give this movie a nice 9.3/10 I wouldn't mind it being a tad longer just because of the fact they could have spent more time movie spoofing, if you want to call it that.

Movie Previews

There was one I think the title was called "The Great Debaters" it has Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker