xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FlameX

Iphone 2.0 Unlocked Before Even Being Shipped .

Apple's unreleased iPhone 2.0 software has already been cracked -- before it even ships, at least that's what a renegade group of developers have claimed.
The iPhone Dev Team claim to have cracked the software, meaning yet more pressure on Apple in the cat and mouse game between software developers and the owners of a million unlocked iPhones and the company and its network partners.

The developers claim to have decrypted and jailbroken the new iPhone software, and have published a series of screenshots of third party applications running on the device.

The jailbreak currently only works with hacked activation, meaning it won't work with AT&T iPhone's yet.

Apple executives have characterized the buoyant global market in unlocked iPhones as a positive thing, suggesting strong pent-up demand for the product, which is as yet available in just four markets; U.S., U.K., Germany and France.

Hats off to the hackers who unlock the Iphone 2.0 even before it is shipped ..

These hackers wont let the Apple team have " APPLES " .. <_<

Wow! That is awesome. I wonder if the new iPhone is better than the current. Good job to those hackers though. I don't have an iPhone, but they look horrible. I heard that the iPhone may even have big game companies to start developing games for the iPhone like Sega. This is interesting though. Good job dev team!

What I don't understand is why these Dev teams aren't working for Apple. With these guys on there team they can safeblock there system. These guys are pros and know most the tricks of the trade. Employ them and find security holes in there system. To me this seems like a logical idea, since everyone seems to be striving for a more secure product, even if it's an iPhone.

What I don't understand is why these Dev teams aren't working for Apple. With these guys on there team they can safeblock there system. These guys are pros and know most the tricks of the trade. Employ them and find security holes in there system. To me this seems like a logical idea, since everyone seems to be striving for a more secure product, even if it's an iPhone.

But that could easily drive down sales of iPhones, not to mention, up the cost of the phone. I mean, if they hire hackers to break the phone, so they can make a better product, it'll cost more due to salaries of the hackers and the cost of developing software that prevents these hacks. As for sales, some people would buy it knowing it's unhackable, but more people could be buying it just to hack the thing in the first place. I mean, if on has a hacked phone, that's roughly $100 less each month, which NO ONE wants to spend on a phone....and those that do want to are crazy. Edited by Inhuman (see edit history)

Even if apple picks up these guys theres more to take their place. Nothing is really secure when it comes to software so this doesn't surprise me one bit. In New Zealand we don't have iPhone's officially on sale by apple but I've seen those Asian computer stores around the city selling them. They are going for about $900-1000 dollars here which is standard for a phone of that caliber. Do you have any screen shots of what 3rd party programs they are running? This would be neat if I owned one I would be doing some programming on the go while traveling on the bus <_<. I'm seriously considering getting one since I think its the most versatile phone out there but at that price I'll have to save for a few months lol.

it doesn't matter to apple. i will predict in 1-5 months time after the offical release of this one they will release another upgraded modified version of it with a price slash off or increased dependending on the " upgrade" i have seen this trend in the ipods and it makes me sickthe first iphone was in january 2007 i think but that's only the us. didn't even reached here in se asia where the nokia is making a killing.this is why cellphones/ mobiles phones are a descending trend and the mini pc/ micro laptop is on the rise

Check out apples main site they got a video about SDK for the iphone being released. I'm downloading the SDK right now (2.1GB). The videos about 1 hour long lol but its pretty interesting if your an apple fan. Not that I know how to build any applications for the iphone or I own one but with the SDK you can run a virtual iphone on your mac and test your code there without testing it directly on an iphone. Pretty neat if you ask me I'm gonna be messing around with it once it finishes downloading <_<. This is why I like apple they are always innovating new stuff. Get downloading the SDK you apple users :( and happy coding.update: blah I just found out I cant run it without OS X 10.5. boohoo.

Edited by sonesay (see edit history)

I think it's stupid that Apple only wants its endorsed applications to run on the iPhone. Even Windows doesn't do that! (well, then again, they've only come up with the "Zune", and its DRM is already bad enough) Their PC's are much more friendly with 3-rd party applications, though. So while I'd never buy an IPod or iPhone, I'd probably get a Mac if I had the chance.