xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

Reservation Rewards scamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

Today I noticed a charge from reservation rewards on my CC statment.  This is the second one in 4 years. I called and they said it was from ordering clothing from CHADWICKS. So, there is another company that is handing out our personal details along with credit card numbers etc. That is the last time I will be ordering from them... 

-reply by imamaized

Reservation RewardsReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I also just recently realized that reservation rewards had debited 180 dollars from my checking account over a year long period.  (I use my account for business and personal so it can be easy to overlook 12 dollars in a 30 day period.)  When I called they happily returned the money, I sure sign of a scheme.  They know that they can only lose by fighting you on it.  If they give you the money back you wont make a fuss and they can continue their immoral behavior.  I intend to file a complaint with the Chamber of Commerce or something.

-reply by Adam

shutterfly beware!!Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

told me it was a 12.00 a month club when I purchased something on shutterfly.Told lady absolutley cancel and refund immediatley.Tried to talk I said do what I just asked she said very ell no problems,thier all full ofit

-reply by denniss henk

They got you...get over itReservation Rewards - A Scam!You are all a bunch of cry babies. This company is low yes... But you all are to blame for not reading what you are agreeing to. You are all suckered in by a free $10 in product... And they got you hook line and sinker. I'm glad that you all are getting your money back... But I'm also glad you are having to go through the work to get it back. Maybe next time you will actually ready what you are clicking on before it's too late. And yes they do spell it all out in their agreement. Any educated person would see it for a scam based on the fact that they mention all the great discounts they can get you... But no actual examples of real companies the discounts might be offered at. I just got the $10 pizza bucks offer on a Pizza Hut on line order. I'm also sure that each individual vendor is not to blame for "partnering" up with Webloyalty. It is, more likely, whatever company each online store has chosen as their online collection bank. The end vendor prolly has little choice in the matter. So yeah go ahead and ***** to them, but don't accuse them of being partners with a lowlife like Webloyalty.Bottom line is Use Your Head! (and take some responsibility when you don?t)

Reservation Rewards SCAMReservation Rewards - A Scam!

Cry babies? I had a run in with these scam artists. After seeing this charge on my business credit card.  I called and this so-called customer service rep tell me, that "you must have missed the fine print when you sent your wife flowers through FTD.You  were signed up automatically!! I'm calling the FBI!

-reply by Mike

Reservation rewards and Just Flowers are both scam artistReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I too was scammed by this company. My wife ordered flower for a family funeral in September from FTD Just Flowers 1-310-954-0755. We just noticed that Reserveation Rewards was charging us $12.00 a month in Sept, Oct, Nov and December. When asked what the charges were for and what I get in return, the answer was nothing. What a F__ scam. FTD Just Floweres is just as guilty of ripping people off as Reservation Rewards for even dealing with these folks. Now my $74.43 floweres for a loverd one have cost me $122.43 thanks to theses charges. Everyone should contact the Attorney generals office in Connecticut to complain since the company is based in CT.

David G.

scam...ah not too sure about that. Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

I was added to reservation rewards when I ordered a book online from deep discounts. It was pretty clear what I was signing up for even though it look a little strange. Then again it was entertainment coupons like they sell in the books...I decided hey why not use them which I did and I ended up saving myself 40 bucks in the long haul. No I will agree they are sneaky about trying to get you to order but ease of cancellation and refund is not huge on the scam scale. Its not like Video Professor who in 72 hours will charge you 181 dollars to be in a program when all you wanted was one CD or like that guys that sells those What they don't want you to know books. A scam company tends to run you around and refuse to give you a refund without threats of lawsuits. Now true I believe they should say if you put your email in twice we will charge you for this entertainment online coupon book to which you can use and make 100 copies for local and national amusements but honestly we have to be personally responsible for reading everything and not clicking through mindlessly.  

-reply by TOldham

Reservation RewardsReservation Rewards - A Scam!

The same thing happened to me. I realized a $12 charge on my debit card. When I checked my last 3 months transactions this charge had taken place on my account for the last 3 months. I called Reservation Rewards and talked to the customer service representative. Apparently when I had booked Super Shuttles on the internet, Reservation Rewards had somehow automatically signed me up for a 12/month membership. I was clearly not aware of this. The customer service representative initially didn't want to refund me my 3*12 dollars but when I argued she agreed to. She also cancelled my membership. 

Barnes & NobleReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I recently (around 30 minutes prior to posting) ordered some books from Barnes and Noble. At the end of my order I notice a link saying I'd received a reward from B/and for $10 off my next purchase. Since I'd seen this sort of thing before in a legitimate form from ticketmaster (at one point they gave you free iTunes downloads with a purchase over a certain amount), I decided there would be no harm in clicking it. However, as soon as I read over the site (never entered any personal information) I realized it was likely a scam. A quick google search confirmed this. Hopefully, since I didn't put my email in they won't try charging me. Besides, I used only gift cards to pay so they wouldn't get much from me anyway.

My point: if anything looks even REMOTELY suspicious to you google whatever it is you're looking at followed by 'scam' and that will usually tell you right away whether or not it's legit.

-reply by Michael

Sooo...Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

It seems like $12 is the magic number.  I just found a pending charge in my account this morning for that amount from Reservation Rewards.  Luckily my bank is awesome and helped me figure all of it out.  They cut of my card and plan on sending me a new one...  I wonder how many people this has happened to and how many of them just let it slide...

-reply by kiki

I noticed a charge on my card, labeled , for 12 dollars. I did some research to find out what this was. Simple, wasn't hard in the least. Considering when you google "Reservation Rewards", the 3rd page that appears is "Reservation Rewards is a Scam". I contacted my bank and they told me to get in touch with the company and see if they would refund my money - because I had NO idea what this transaction was. (Another common name they go by is WebLoyalty.com).
I didn't have to go far to notice that they got my credit card info when I purchased movie tickets online. A few other places that partner with these guys are Orbits.com, Moviefone.com, and a few others. Trust me, google and you will find.

So there I was, ordering my movie tickets. At the very end I got forwarded to this so called Reservation Rewards page with an offer of 10$ in Moviebucks. *Completely free*. I didn't see anything that said they were going to charge me, I never gave them my credit card info. There was NO TOS to read. Just enter your email here, twice and we'll send you your reward(along with MANY others)!. So, stupidly I did. Afterwards I didn't receive any email, I just disregarded this as either a glitch, or spam. This was on Dec31 2007(they were kind enough to tell me the EXACT date and time I sold them my credit card info).

Anyways, I went on my happy way, saw my movie, never heard from this place again. until now. 3 months after my purchase I noticed this transaction on my card from Reservation rewards. It was a 12 dollar transaction. I called the number that came along with the bill and they seemed ever so nice. I told them that this was unauthorized and I wanted it off my account. They HAPPILY told me that I gave my credit card info when I entered my email twice, which automatically made me agree to there TOS(there were none), and that I confirmed my account via email(there was none). I told them I did no such thing and wanted my account canceled. I also asked for a refund.

Not only did they cancel my account, but they DOUBLED my refund, they gave me 24 dollars back on my card. They seemed MUCH to hasty to give me a refund which kind worried.

Needless to say I'll be canceling my card and getting a new one.

Google there partners and you'll be able to see who sells them your credit card info, never take no as an answer from this place. If they won't give you a refund mention 2 words "Attorney General". No problems.

Have fun.

It sucks that you went through something like that. But are you sure that there was no TOS?

There are a lot of other programs like that that I've found, and usually below the email address line or whatever it will have a very small link explaining the program's rules, how it works, etc.

As far as I know, without that there they can not legally charge your credit card, therefore they would be put out of business due to breaking laws.

A lot of people do overlook the links there though. I'm not sure if this is your case because I've never experienced it with that company(I have never bought movie tickets online) but it is possible.

Cancel it!!Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

We found out what this charge is from...Sort of. We called "Reservation Rewards" who are the ones billing you for this account. THEY ARE A SCAM. They claim that a discount we recieved via shutterfly.Com enrolled us into a membership that charges us the $12.00 a month. We have an order from Shutterfly but no record of a membership to Reservation Rewards that mentions anything about charging us money.

RESERVATION REWARDS is the shadowy hand of SHUTTERFLY and is how they SCAM you for money without it being directly associated with Shutterfly. Best solution...BOYCOTT SHUTTERFLY. They want to engage in poor business practice...Take your business somewhere else. There's plenty of other options on the web for printing your photos.

To contact Reservation Rewards, cancel your 'account' and demand your money back call: 1 (800) 732-7031

Beware of "Reservation Rewards" ScamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I have ordered parts for partstrain.Com when I click the comfirmation my order, the website lead me directly to "Reservation Rewards" with an offer coupon $10 off your next purchase.First I thought well it's a good thing I get $10 off next time  but... When I read thru that page I realize that I just got signup for that memberships which cost me $12/mo and will be charged by my credit card # I just used for partstrain.Com order website. What a ridiculous scam. Be aware.

Cancel it

Staples in on Reservation Rewards scamReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I got scammed by Reservations Rewards. They claimed they got my credit info from EBGames.Com. I can state unequivocally that I have NEVER done business with EBGames.Com or visited their web site. However, I did find on another web site that Staples is a 'partner' in the scam. The way it works is that the partner gets five bucks out of your 12 bucks every month. I have never used the Staples web site, so I have never agreed to any terms and conditions. However, I did get a rebate card from Staples after I bought a box of paper from them in store. So Staples must be getting desperate. They are going to be more desperate, because I will never buy from them again. 

-reply by Robert G Huenemann

Ridiculous! I noticed the 12 dollar charge tonight. I called my CC company and canceled my card immediate. I tried calling RR and they weren't open. I tried canceling over the phone but it was a trick! I knew I had my card canceled so when it asked for my card number to "cancel" I entered it, and guess what? This lovely voice came on saying, "Thank you for deciding NOT to cancel with Reservations Rewards. Would you like your sign in information?" lol, wow. I have to go through printing out and sending in a dispute form to my bank to get the damn 12 bucks back. What a hassle all because I ordered movie tix through Fandango. The internet sucks sometimes. I canceled my account online and it claimed it would send a confirmation e-mail to me. I have not received this e-mail yet but hopefully since I canceled my CC it should be Kay even if they don't cancel the account. I might try calling them tomorrow I don't get an email. Never can be too safe, right?