xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

I noticed a charge on my card, labeled

"WLIRESERVATIONREWARDS 800-7327031".

, for 12 dollars. I did some research to find out what this was. Simple, wasn't hard in the least. Considering when you google "Reservation Rewards", the 3rd page that appears is "Reservation Rewards is a Scam". I contacted my bank and they told me to get in touch with the company and see if they would refund my money - because I had NO idea what this transaction was. (Another common name they go by is WebLoyalty.com).
I didn't have to go far to notice that they got my credit card info when I purchased movie tickets online. A few other places that partner with these guys are Orbits.com, Moviefone.com, and a few others. Trust me, google and you will find.

So there I was, ordering my movie tickets. At the very end I got forwarded to this so called Reservation Rewards page with an offer of 10$ in Moviebucks. *Completely free*. I didn't see anything that said they were going to charge me, I never gave them my credit card info. There was NO TOS to read. Just enter your email here, twice and we'll send you your reward(along with MANY others)!. So, stupidly I did. Afterwards I didn't receive any email, I just disregarded this as either a glitch, or spam. This was on Dec31 2007(they were kind enough to tell me the EXACT date and time I sold them my credit card info).

Anyways, I went on my happy way, saw my movie, never heard from this place again. until now. 3 months after my purchase I noticed this transaction on my card from Reservation rewards. It was a 12 dollar transaction. I called the number that came along with the bill and they seemed ever so nice. I told them that this was unauthorized and I wanted it off my account. They HAPPILY told me that I gave my credit card info when I entered my email twice, which automatically made me agree to there TOS(there were none), and that I confirmed my account via email(there was none). I told them I did no such thing and wanted my account canceled. I also asked for a refund.

Not only did they cancel my account, but they DOUBLED my refund, they gave me 24 dollars back on my card. They seemed MUCH to hasty to give me a refund which kind worried.

Needless to say I'll be canceling my card and getting a new one.

Google there partners and you'll be able to see who sells them your credit card info, never take no as an answer from this place. If they won't give you a refund mention 2 words "Attorney General". No problems.

Have fun.

webloyatly.com/reservation rewards FRAUD

I have just noticed this on my account today. This needs to be stopped seeing that obviosly is an ongoing issue. Why isnt there any protection for selling credit information especially in a society where identity theft and fraud is so prevelent. What a waste of my time and effort to have to deal with this. I had to cancel my card and fight this company and now my information was passed on to someone else who decided to open up a credit line for me in my name and use it just the same. So much for consumer protection.

-reply by Christina

Reservation Rewards - Scam associated with Orbitz

I had the same "scam" happen to me when I ordered some plane tickets on Orbitz, they automatically signed me up for a $12/mo membership. Instead of dealing with Reservation Rewards, I contacted my CC company to dispute the charges. They call RR to cancel my account and request a refund.

-reply by Andy

It's truly frightening how quickly this company is willing to surrender your money back to you. They must really know they're doing something that's immoral.

Cancelling that credit card and applying for a new one is the right thing to do!I once wanted to apply for a use-now-pay-later cheapest IDD call service but I changed my mind as soon as they asked for my credit card's 3DIGIT SECURITY PIN. Why in heaven's name would they want that for?If something SMELLS fishy, probably it is!

Ugh... I hate these services they offer unbelievable offers, and if you even just check it out to see if it is real or not you'll get your information stolen, you did the right thing canceling your credit card!

I've always been pretty "steer-clear" against these kinds of sites...Kind of nice to see that I wasn't out of line by thinking so. It's nice though if they accept credit cards as you can always dispute the transaction...Kind of keeps you safe.

I do not really know how the Reservation Rewards got my debit card info. I nevere sign up for any free service. They strarted charging me $12/- four times a month. I went to my bank to report the scam. The bank filed a fraud claim, cancelled my debit card and credited all my money. And I got a new debit card.

Reservation Rewards Contact Information

Replying to Kubi

Dear Kubi:

Webloyalty.Com protects its reputation and monitors the blogosphere to ensure information posted on our company is truthful and accurate. Through this monitoring, we found this forum with your comments about our membership program, Reservation Rewards.

We see from your comments that you were able to contact our Customer Service department to cancel your membership and receive a refund as you wanted. We're glad that they were able to assist you. We'd also like the opportunity to address your concern about how you enrolled in the membership by providing you with detailed information that demonstrates that proper authorization was obtained to enroll you in the membership and charge your credit card.

However, there is not enough information in your comments or on this forum to identify who you are and find your membership record. If you would like us to provide you with this information, or, if you need any other assistance, please let us know who you are by contacting us at 800-732-7031 or send an email message to consumeraffairs@webloyalty.Com.

Regards,

Mary O�Reilly

Webloyalty Consumer Affairs

Reservation Rewards

-reply by webloyalty

Why would I openly give my information to a company who once already scammed me? Nice try, but I'm not buying. This is a public discussion forum, not a place for me to post my personal information. Don't be surprised when you don't find it in my above post. Being a public forum, I am allowed to post my thoughts within the forum guidelines, don't try to monitor what I say. I have been staff here for 3 years, I know what I can and can't say.Also, a nice reply from a company who was just accused of fraudulent behavior. Seems you guys already know what you're up to.

Getting scammed for awhile now apparently...Reservation Rewards - A Scam!

I noticed the charges from reservation rewards awhile ago, ($10 a month) but never thought anything of it. I figured it was a charge from the site where I buy movie tickets and get rewards from. However, I haven't bought any tickets online recently so I checked it out this time and discovered I've been gettign scammed for months. I feel like such an idiot for shurgging it off. Anyway, I called the number to cancel but it's all automated now and there was no real person to talk to. There was a "to cancel, press1" option but they asked for my credit card number and I'm scared to put it in and get charge again. I could really use some advice on what I should do. Thanks!

-question by Brittany

Replying to KubiI have noticed $10 from reservations rewards being charged for several months now, but I shrugged it off- thinking it was from the site I buy movie tickets off of for memberships and special offers. This month I figured I didn't need it anymore so I looked it up to see if I could cancel it and low and behold...I discover it's a scam! I feel like such an idiot for thinking nothing of it. Anyway, I called reservations rewards number but there was no customer service reps like others have mentioned. Everything was automated and while there was an option to "press 1 and cancel" they asked for my credit card number, and I'm scared to give it. I could really use some help in finding out what to do now.. Thanks!!-reply by Brittany

Reservation RewardsReservation Rewards - A Scam!

I have encountered the same problem! I accidently found there was a charge of $12 to my credit card account every month, it shows the merchant is "Reservation rewards", and I don't know what it is for. I called credit card company, found out their number 1-8--732-7031, and called them. They claimed that I was registered in their program, and I totally have no impression that I've ever signed up for this. And they claimed that they emailed me 20 times about the program and the bills and actually there was none at all! I showed my doubt on their authorization to charge to my card, and the lady on the other end of the phone said they will refund all the charges. I haven't received the refund yet.It's good to have the public forum here and let other people be aware of this.

Scam with Reservation RewardsReservation Rewards - A Scam!

This is really disappointing from Orbitz, I won't make any transaction with them anymore, because they just gave my information to this people to charge me monthly during 7 months the $12 fee, and that is very repulsive if you find out about it after you have paid your credit card and actually you have paid interest over it, that sucks, I want everyone to be aware any time they make transactions with Orbitz, because they are partners with these thieves.

-reply by lisi

The stole from me for 3 months... I wish I knew the their source for my card number! Is it only orbitz or are there other scams they have put in place online.  Is there a refund possible?

-reply by VandyUSC