xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Old School Review: Army Of Two

Playing video games has have always been a joy for me especially playing video games such as Ghost Recon, SOCOM, etc. Because of the fact I could be something I could never be in real life and that being a hardcore sniper, or hell on wheels with a gatlin gun <_<. I think that is why we crave militaristic games like these just because we can be that gun ho hero with an arsenal of weapons taking out the bad guy and saving the world. Of course when your a powerful gaming company they like to cheapen it but making these games short and emphasize online play with just bragging rights that you can kill someone from a rooftop. That is what EA did with this game, as it was far too easy to be this game, heck it would took a few hundred rounds to take the two hero's out, and no darn well full body like the one's they wore could do that, especially taking a grenade blast at full force.

And that is the case with Army of TWO in which you take the role of one of two mercenaries in the war on terrorism to an extent. It is a game based on strategy but this time stealth is not an option as your basically shooting non stop taking out the bad guys and so on and so forth. However, I have this problem I don't like to rent games and like so many others I drop the cold hard cash for a game, and I should have took heed on the warnings how short this game was, and boy was it short. The other problem I have is after I finish a game I don't bring it back to get in some trade value for it just because it less the nhalf the original value and so to me it is pointless. I finish this game in a total of 8 hours, maybe 6 if I really pushed it since it was pretty hard to die in this game. I do like the fact you could customize the weapons, and of course awards cash in order to upgrade those weapons ($175.000 for a gatlin). The game play was awesome, sotry was great especially with it's great humor and I am glad they drop the f word many, many, many times :(. It is a war zone and quite frankly being able not to go what the ---- after getting shot at, blown up and other good stuff you might have some problems in your mind. Of course I think the most pointless weapon, except for some parts, was the sniper rifle just because when you do the campaign it was pretty hard to get settled into sniper mode and hit the targets as quickly as possible without getting shot at the same time.

The Graphics, and sound was top notch but the fact that this game was so short I am pretty upset that I wasted the $60 for this game, I might have gone maybe $40 but I don't want to wait two years for that to happen. Of course for those who bought NFS Pro Street, many speculated that EA will be added new stuff like that, albeit for online mode, and not for us solo players. Although what makes this game interesting is the fact you can have someone play with you either online or though another control, might remind you that if you do the second controller option plan to have a big TV (27"+) in order to see much of the split screen as possible. Of course for those who do enjoy online play it is just crap, think it as a cheap version of COD4 but in order to play you have to wait long period's of time to get into an online game, and basically you need a list of friends in order to play this game as well.

Army of TWO

Some Screen Shots

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Game Maker: EA

Year:2007-2008

Price: $59.99 (PS3)

Levels: 6

Sound: 10

Graphics: 10

Mini-Games: no

Difficulty: 6

Game Play: 7

Re-Play Value: 4

Overall Ranking:

6/10

If your hardcore gamer who likes to play shooter games "online" then this game is for you if you still want to play it just rent the game because you will finish it in the 3 days the rental is worth.

--Now for some copyright info--

Images and of course games are copyrighted to it's perspective owners blah blah blah. Roms are illegal and so don't get caught blah blah blah or else blah blah blah. Reviews and opinions are my own so don't argue with me unless you can prove other wise why this game sucks and 100% of the time you are wrong because one your either a new school gamer and don't know a good game when you see it or two, well their is no two so HA!!. All slogans, trademarks and names excluded the games I review are copyrighted to me blah blah and blah. 2007 SM Old School Legend.