xisto Community
karlosantana

Php Download Timeout

Hi there, well yet again I'm stuck!I think the title says it all really. I'm selling e-books, and I'm having a problem with people downloading it more than once.So my question is, could I "hide" it behind a php script, that will not give away where the document REALLY is, it will just give the browser one destination to download it from, and it will "mirror" its actual location? Am i making it clear? or just confusing everybody?Ok so let me make a flowey charty type thingThe person buys the product--->the browser automatically downloads it--->(this is the bit) but the person can not go back to the same place to download it.I think thats clear enough? any questions just post and I will try my best to answser themThanks in advance

One possible solution would be to record the purchase and include a randomly generated 'key' value which is added to the order form, and to a valid key list, too. Send the 'key' to them via email. They require the key to download and the key is deleted from a list of valid keys once the download is completed successfully.After that, if they attempt a download with the key, or without, the php script will error out on them and no download occurs.