xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GrinningKittie

Surprised By Garnier Shampoo

I have purple hair. HUH?I like to dye my hair various colors. This usually entails bleaching it first to strip the color out and then after that is all said and done, applying the new bright color ( I usually go with the Manic Panic brands). This of course and obviously RUINS my hair. No bigs. I usually just get a haircut ( buh bye hair!) and start from scratch. This time around though I have been TRYING to be careful. I would like to keep my vibrant locks AND get some length out of it before it turns into bozo the clown frizz fried. So I tried my hand at some of that Garnier shampoo instead of my regular cheapy 99 cent stuff. OMG! My hair still looks and feels like hair and it's no where near bozo status yet. I would suggest this brand of shampoo to anyone who ( like me) has a dye addiction when it comes to hair.Anybody else have any preferable shampoo products they use?

Well, I personally like Head & Shoulders, their shampoo (although expensive) keeps my hair soft and dandruff free.But I normally use pantene. I used to have that 99cent stuff so I know what you are talking about.I would say to try different brands every once in a while? go with garnier maybe every two months, then try Head & Shoulders, and then try Pantene, also try to switch brands every once in a while, it helps preventing a particular chemical used in particular brands from soaking into your hair and scalp...

The last shampoo that I used was the new range by Dove. They make my hair very soft too. But my present fave is L'Oreal Elvive's Pearl Protein shampoo. It really brings a lustre to your hair.

Well, I personally like Head & Shoulders, their shampoo (although expensive) keeps my hair soft and dandruff free.

I used Head & Shoulders when I had problems with dandruff, and it did work and get rid of it all. Though my hair was not soft at all when I only used the shampoo, I had to use the conditioner in order to make it nice and soft. Now I just randomly pick a shampoo of my shelf. I have some from Redken, Wella and several other brands I can not remember. Though I have to disagree with you when you say it is expensive? It is very cheap! Cheap but good.

I like Asience. I rebonded my hair recently and it was really dry and brittle, but after using it, it feels very smooth to the touch, and my split ends are not so horrible now.

I tried the Made from Earth Tea and Protein Shampoo, and it DOES NOT have a very strong fragrance which I like – because it doesn't have any synthetic perfumes. Everything your smelling is from organic raw ingredients. I happen to like it a lot. Its definitely a higher price range than I am used to but I have found it to be worth the extra money. I have chin length, dry, color-treated hair and this keeps my hair moisturized and shiny. I'm also happy to note that it leaves my hair feeling silky and not frizzy like it usually is. Highly recommended for healthy women… Edited by moderator (see edit history)

regarding hair fallSurprised By Garnier ShampooHi m very upset with hair fall problem please suggest me a good shampoo for thatun-reply by Rajni Mohal

I have looked high and low for a good shampoo. You can guess I have tried many different ones. The Made from Earth Peppermint Conditioner is the best I have ever used. It leaves my hair silky and full of moisture. It has a light smell that is not cloying. My hair looks so healthy and feels so strong.

I'm also having hair fall which i'm worrying about it a lot and i have tested many shampoos but i haven't found any thing real effective yet and most of them are only ads.Nivea for men : this shampoo smells just great but it doesn't do anything for your hair, i found that my hair fall doesn't change at all when using this shampoo or just wash my hairs with pure water but it will affect the softness of the hair and i found it a little annoying to have a soft hair (it is what i think and i know it is weird :D). i haven't seen any details about what type of vitamins and proteins it contains but anyway there was only an english tag on it saying the content of it and the price and other things was written in german so i didn't understood anything but thanks to google translated i found the word "Anti Hairfall" on it but as i said i didn't see any result from this shampoo. by the way if you don't have such problem i really recommend this shampoo because its smell is just great and the smell is not going away soon and will impress peoples around you, of course it makes your hair more soft (which i hate) and i found that my hairs were more ugly in the mornings when i was using this shampoo even with more soft ones.Redken : again smell is nice but not as nice as the nivea but this one was a little effective on my hairfall as i found that during a week (used 7 times) it reduced my hairfall about 10-15 percent but this was the maximum and even with using it for 6 months the result was same but i liked this one because it was not softening my hairs and so i was really comfortable with it. it somehow makes you hairs bigger and of course you head will become bigger too and i didn't like this effect. all writing on it are in english language so you can read them easily :P but anyway you don't find so much details. another thing is that the plastic container is really good because i usually drop the shampoo bottle and the Nivea breaks in the first try but this one never break (i talk only about the lid not the whole container) so if you drop your shampoo a lot too then i recommend to test this one i'm sure you will be surprised. so this shampoo is a little effective but not as you expect but as a regular shampoo it is so nice and it will do a little for preventing your hairs from falling.Some other shampoos with different name made for preventing the hair fall : i have tested a lot of these shampoos with huge prices but i can say none of them was even as effective as the previous one so i just wasted my money on them. most of them smell like hell and doesn't feel good when you wash your head with them and there is a long paper about the things that they have in them but with all of these you don't see any effect. so i was searching for other shampoos till someone recommended me to test a baby shampoo, i heard that baby shampoo is good for hairfall but i was never thinking that it can be more effective than those which made for being anti hairfall but i can say that most of them are working and reduce my hairfall by 40 - 50 percent. so i suggest every one to test a baby shampoo if your hair falls too, the brand is not very important because most of them are same but i'm using nivea now and i'm really satisfied from the result. head & shoulders baby shampoo is good too and it is working for me too just like the other brands.