xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GrinningKittie

Are You A Susceptible Dreamer? Does what you watch affect your subconscious...hmmmm

Are you a wha?What I am asking here is are you one of those people who has to avoid something (like reading a horror book or watching something intense on TV) before you go to bed, because it may influence what your dreams may be like?I'm usually not affected by what I watch, read, or talk about before going to bed. I could watch a slaughterhouse movie and sleep just fine dreaming of rapids or flowers or something. HOWEVER I have noticed that I do have to watch what I'm doing if I decided to have a couple of drinks ( which makes sense since alcohol messes up your sleep cycle). The last time I made THAT mistake my hubby was playing a pretty gory zombie kill game ( Dead Rising for the XBox360) and I had the weirdest dream involving zombies trying to invade my house while all my friends living with me ( in the dream) were too busy to help me out. Oh yah and I was armed only with a ballpeen hammer and a chisel for most of it. UGH!So what about you?

Maybe as a kid when I watch horror movies and other stuff like that, but after watching enough of them and knowing that they are fake and not real to the extent that Freddy Kruger is not going show up in my dreams and slash me up. Although I would say when I do dream everything that I have seen has form a bases of those dreams and what not. Of course there are sometimes that my emotions will play with my dreams and what not, but usually I don't remember them by the time I wake up and stuff.Of course I know when people are sleeping being able to be very susceptible to what people tell them to do, not full hypnosis, but something like it. Can't think if their is a word for it though so not to sure what to call it.

I get affected by scary thoughts somewhat before I go to bed. Its just something about it the dark atmosphere you are in. Theres been many times where I watch a horror movie and I cannot sleep. Especially ones that deal with devils, witches, all things evil. The worse one is the exorcist then comes the grudge. Oh man I cant sleep well after that I'll lay in bed but cant sleep and checking the corner of my room ever few seconds to make sure they haven't showed up for a late night visit. There are times where I would go on and fall asleep then dream about more scarty thoughts. I will eventually wake up and realize it was only a dream.

When I was a kid, I don't usually reality and dreams didn't really connect that way. I mean, if I watch one of those scary documentaries they air every Hallowe'en season, sure, I'd get scared for the first two hours I'm in bed but I'd end up sleeping anyway dreaming of whatever my subconscious cooks up.When I grew up, though, I would begin to have more... realistic dreams. Y'know, some of those nightmares we used to have as a kid are kinda loopy, like hairy monsters or undead minions of some evil necromancer. Now, I dream of people I love getting killed. This comes especially after a particularly string nightcap; I would dream of a horrible accident befalling the one I love and I would be helpless to save him.Ah... this is a rather gloomy subject, methinks...

no... i dont find anything disturbing while sleeping. i usually watch horror movies. but i forget everything once the movie is over.it is just for entertainment that we watch. i dont think we should let it affect our life. be careful!good luck!