xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tourist

Few Nutritional Value Of Egg

One large egg (50 g) contains 70 calories, 5 g fat, 190 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 6 g protein. It also contains Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Folate, Calcium, and Iron. Vitamin A protects against some cancers and may slow the aging process. Vitamin Dhelps keep bones healthy and teeth strong. Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant that protects cells against some cancers. Riboflavin helps keep body tissues healthy. Niacin promotes normal nerve function and helps release energy. Vitamin B12 helps protect against heart disease. Folate helps produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Iron carries oxygen to the cells and keeps blood healthy. Protein helps keep a body strong and healthy. Above are few nutritional value of eggs. Eggs have many more nutritional values. Hope members of Xisto will post them in next postes.

Eating eggs does very little to increase cholesterol in your body. What throws your body out of whack is eating unhealthy foods like doughnuts and candy and processed foods and not eating natural foods. The whole cholesterol thing is kinda a big myth, statin drugs don't do anything to increase your overall chance of survival either, they just destroy your liver. There's nothing wrong with eating eggs, because they're healthy and natural...Back on topic... <_< I'm not a huge egg fan, but I think that they are pretty healthy. They're also a really good source of protein.

Yes, you right. Egg can increase cholesterol level in our body as it contains 190 mg cholesterol per egg. But if you do not above 35, you may take 1 egg per day. Till 35 years, 7 eggs in a week does not increase cholostorel level. But if you are above 35 years of age, you should reduce eating eggs. You may eat 4 eggs per week. It may not cause any problem.

Eggs are one of those foods frequently on the rollercoaster of pro/con health studies. One year eggs are terrible for you, next thing you know, they are good for you. I'm going to side the the "good for you" studies. We love eggs. Fried, boiled, deviled eggs, egg salad, just any way you can fix them. We have cut down this year on egg eating, but it has nothing to do with health reasons. Since the cost is up to nearly $2 a dozen (over that sometimes) we have cut way back. I still remember not long ago when they were 3 dozen for a dollar. Just last year I was getting them for 75 cents. The only good thing about this is now my hubby has decided that having chickens is not such a bad idea after all!

We have cut down this year on egg eating, but it has nothing to do with health reasons. Since the cost is up to nearly $2 a dozen (over that sometimes) we have cut way back. I still remember not long ago when they were 3 dozen for a dollar. Just last year I was getting them for 75 cents.

It’s very sad, if a dozen eggs cost about $2. Our currency name is Taka (short name BDT) and the present conversion ratio is 1 USD = 68 BDT. That means a dozen eggs cost about 136 BDT. In present market, we can buy about 3 dozen eggs in 2 USD (136 BDT).

But it is grate, if you can buy 3 dozen eggs for a dollar. In last ten years the lowest price of eggs in our country was about 2 dozen eggs for a dollar and the highest was about 1 dozen eggs for a dollar. But generally the cost of eggs in our country is about 15 eggs in a dollar (USD).