xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cfryonline

The Easy Way To Become Lean And Fit? Routine?

hey just recently me and my bro made a bet to see who can cut fastest and gain more lean muscle and tone and everything... he is smart at this stuff and i have no clue... can anyone give me help on picking my routine for faster results and stuff like supplements also .. thank you very much

hey just recently me and my bro made a bet to see who can cut fastest and gain more lean muscle and tone and everything... he is smart at this stuff and i have no clue... can anyone give me help on picking my routine for faster results and stuff like supplements also .. thank you very much

Easy way would be to get some 10 lb. weights and just while standing lift up and down (thumbs pointed straight up, just let weights go all the way down and bring up to the shoulder). Right arm for an hour, left for half an hour, or try both at once. That'll build up the arms, shoulders, and sides pretty fast.

You could try olympic-style lifting. That'll build up the back and shoulders well.

Pretty much any of that intense weightlifting stuff will build muscle very fast, but it'll be extremely exhausting and you'll have to really push yourself. Boxing with a punching bag would build muscle fast too. Also, don't underestimate the value of sports to build muscle.

As far as supplements, I don't know about that. I never use anything beyond Centrum vitamin pills, and that rarely.
Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

As far as getting rid of some of the baby fat, doing some jogging is probably your best bet. I'd recommend varying your running routines -- some days going harder and other days giving yourself a little break. This is much more effective, and it gives your body a chance to recover, preventing injuries. Running not only gets rid of fat, but it builds muscle as well, so no weight work is need. However, if you still want to add some weight work for an even better effect, try focusing on your core (abdominal area). This is where all of your power comes from. You could have stronger arm muscles than someone else, but if they have a stronger core, they will win. Try doing some sit ups, crunches, abdominal flexors, etc.

Sad to say there is no EASY and quick way to lose weight and get lean. If there were then we'd have more fit people eh?There are lots of supplements and products that guarantee quick weight loss but most of these products aren't helping you in a healthy way. They may make you pee alot ( to lose water weight) or reduce appetite( not always a good thing and can mess with your metabolism in the long run). These sound great for a bandaid quick fix but in the long run they really aren't good for you or your health.Some things to do for your diet:Eat 3 or 4 SMALL portions of food during the day ( say an english muffin with a few slices of ham or turkey lunch meat and some cheese with a glass of juice or milk as one example) instead of eating big meals or less meals. More SMALL meals means your body has to work throughout the day to break down the food ( burn calories). LESS meals tells your body "oh no food is scarce! Better hold on to that and make it reserved fat!" LARGE meals take longer for your body to digest ( feeling sluggish?) and it's not a good idea to try and work out while digesting ( can you say cramps?). Ugh!By small I don't mean teeny tiny no meal meals at all. If you are a teenager your body is gonna need more calories ( because you are still growing) than say someone my age ( 31 where my metabolism has slowed down and is fighting me regularly lol!).Don't starve yourself. That is not only unhealthy but will get you the OPPOSITE of what you want. Smaller portions sure, but make sure they are HEALTHY foods. Fruits, fresh veggies, yogurts, nuts, sliced meat, eggs........you may be trying to lose weight but your body still needs calories, vitamins, proteins and all that to survive on. Feeding your body junk like chips, fries, candy, pastries ( etc) and counting THAT as a small meal is going to work against your goals real quickly.Hydrate. Your body loves water. It CRAVES it! So remember to feed your body water. I'm not talking about chugging a gallon in one sitting ( that makes MY tummy hurt just thinking about it!). I'm talking 8 oz glasses of it throughout the day. Six to eight glasses is what we are supposed to be drinking daily anyways. If you are not a big water drinker then start off with just a couple of glasses ( 2-3) a day and then increase that weekly. Fun fact here : If you make it ICE water your body actually burns more calories because it has to warm it up before absorbing it. Neat huh?That's just diet alone. If you want to speed up the process ( because diet alone may allow 1/2 a pound of weight loss a week by itself) then you would definately do well to start a walking or jogging routine. I hate running ( ugh) however I have a video game for the PS2 called DDR ( Dance Dance Revolution) and it has a "workout mode" on it where you can program how many miles you would like to equivalate in jogging ( you can also set it to how many calories you want to burn ). Nothing beats trying to dance on a pad in the comfort of your own home on a rainy day to some favorite tunes. ^_^For that lean look I suggest looking into pilates. I have the windsor pilates tapes and my word you FEEL the burn ( even if it only a 20 minute work out). Pilates focuses on your core ( abs) as well as giving you that lean athletic look and applies to all muscle groups.Lifting weights can help you lose weight ( fat weight) and help you strengthen up. If you work out 20 minutes a day 3 times a week you will notice a difference in about 2 weeks. Since you are going for a lean look and not a strong bulky look you would probably want to start out at a weight setting you can handle ( say for example 10 pounds for your arms) and keep it at low repetitions ( 5-10 of the same exercise in a row without wearing out). I could be wrong on that as weights are not really my speciality. Definately get a second opinion on what weight routine would help you to achieve that lean look.All in all it's a combination of all these things that will be giving you the results you want and in a much healthier fashion than say supplements ( IMO). In 1 month I lost about 10 pounds and I feel ALOT better ( more energy). Of course I also changed my diet. We ( my family and I) eat more fresh veggies and freshly prepared meals ( by me) and it has really made a difference in how we feel.Anyways I wish you luck in your endeavor and I hope this helped some. :P

Edited by GrinningKittie (see edit history)

Like GrinningKittie points out, there IS no easy way.

Staying active is the best way to stay physically healthy and have an attempt at staying physically fit. If you can create a routine and stick to the routine, you can maintain a healthy lifestyle.

The army has a decent program at staying fit, but if you want to actually take a stab at becoming fit, you'll have to push yourself more.

Mon, Wed, Fri: Cardiovascular training

Tue, Thu: Muscle failure training

Back in my active duty unit, on our cardiovascular training days, we would start with rotations, stretching (flexibility), then do a combination of 5+ mile running, fartlek runs (where you jog for a few minutes, then sprint for a few minutes, then repeat until you're ready to fall on your face, then run some more), last-man up (very much like fartlek, but when running in a 2-column formation, the last person on signal sprints up to the front... this being repeated until you're ready to fall on your face, but of course, you don't stop), etc., then do a cool-down, more stretching, and release. On our muscle failure days, we would do rotations, stretching, then a combination of exercises focused on upper body or lower body (a combination of different kinds of pushups, resistance exercises using a partner, utilizing weights - our rifles, and other varied exercises, or a combination of different kinds of situps, leg raises, and other varied exercises).

This would KEEP us in shape and tone if we weren't exactly athletic to begin with, but we were expected to go to the gym or do extra physical training of some sort to keep us from the "fatboy" program.

Eating right also plays an important role, and GrinningKittie has a point with eating more frequent, but smaller portion meals. You want to keep that metabolism on its toes!

Contrary to popular belief, healthy foods ARE good to eat. I lke to use Italian dressing and salsa a lot to add flavor to any soups and salads, and some of that weird stuff you've been avoiding might actually be pretty tasty. ("Weird" stuff like tofu is essentially flavor-less, so you can throw that into just about anything to add some protein and avoid other, less-healthy fillers.) I can't part with my meat though... I still find most veggie burgers pretty nasty. But take a look into eating healthy foods and figuring out what you like and what you can use to substitute for your less-healthy cravings (i.e. sorbet/sherbert/frozen yogurt for ice cream, fruit for sweets, more water and salad instead of eating a larger meal, etc.)

*nods with Rayzor*STICKING to the program is where the difference is made. It's well and easy enough to say "I'm gonna do this" but it is also really easy to burn out or make excuses or slack off by day three. Some people say it takes about 2 weeks for a new behaviour or routine to really start to feel natural and that after 2 weeks it almost becomes habit. I have to agree with that. I know that if I don't keep up with my pilates or bowflex ( I love my bowflex) then I will eventually slump back to square one. HOW frustrating is that eh?And don't feel like "OMG I'm dieting so I have to eat weird and tasteless foods now!" Nope. Just be more conscious about WHAT you are putting into your body. Bag of chips or a bowl of fresh fruit? Chocolate pudding or some frozen yogurt topped with nuts? Mother Nature has provided us with a WIDE variety of foods out there so there are plenty of alternatives for your diet.And Rayzor I know what you mean about meat. I LOOOOVE my pork. I just eat less of it now lol!Oh and another thing cfryonline....Don't feel bad if you don't just jump into the swing of things diet or exercise wise. It's gonna take some time to get used to so don't be hard on yourself if you forget to do your routine for a day or have another portion of something at dinner. Just be conscious of it and make your resolve firmer. Soon exercising will be like breathing and you won't even crave seconds or snacks. ^_^

cfryonline, you've gotten good advice. The one thing I would add is to find activity you enjoy and get a partner. If you dislike jogging, you won't keep it up. If you love to swim, then do it. The real key is to continue with your program and you have to have fun to keep doing it. Having a partner is a big help. You'll drag them out when they feel lazy. They push you when you feel like slacking. We all backslide if we try to do it alone. And it's more fun with some one to suffer with!

Losing weight....a less easier wayThe Easy Way To Become Lean And Fit?

every morning drink lukewarm water with honey and lemon mixed with it...Have a healthy diet(veggies and fruits..Less meat and 1 egg a day)...Do jogging or try few dance steps for 1/2 an hour..U will surely lose weight in healthy manner{if u have any health problems ..Take a doctor's prescriptions}

-reply by shanthosh cool