xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Bill Gates Is No Longer The Richest Man In The World

Yeah, the last i heard he was the second richest but that was a while ago, now he's third. When you've got as much as they do i guess you wouldn't care. They are not gracious enough to balance out the worlds prosperity though, they really have what it takes to make a difference but they do nothing. 95%?, lets see how much Warren Buffet really donates to charitable organizations in the end.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I think this is old news, I once heard Bill Gates earned from personal income and shares over $48 million dollars per day. Anyway the thing is Bill Gates wouldn't be the richest anymore because is one of the most generous billionaires in the world. He now donates most of what he earns. This is why I respect him. People like Donald Trump on the other hand are greedy rich, not really donating at all.

Yeah, donald trump and the like deserve to be catapulted into center of the ocean for amount of good they do society. One problem that bothers me is how the system lets individuals get so rich (capitalism in its current form). When you ponder it for a while, anything over 1/4 of a billion is an insane amount of money for one individual to have. A good portion of the money that billionaires/high earning multimillionaires acquire is due to fortunate luck, its not due to their work output. Their fortune becomes everyone elses misfortune. Personally id like to see some sort of global governance that puts an additional tax on individuals that earn anything over 100 million. They could be given jurisdiction by countries to do so. The organisation makes their procedures completely transparent, retain a portion from the tax for proper/secure operations and distribute the funds amongst the less fortunate like africa to do what they can for them. If bill gates was perhaps the "20" richest person in the world due to his philanthropy efforts, that would begin earning my respect and admiration for him.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

GATES IS STILL A RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLDBill Gates Is No Longer The Richest Man In The World

Good news that Bill Gates share his fortune to the various groups of people around the world keep him a different billionnerre ever happen to this world.Rank him as most respectable and famous especially on humatarian grounds.We expect him to shade his fortune to the poorest continent Africa where millions of people are perished daily for wars, hunger, deseases, climates changes etc.

-reply by salim sechambo

Yeah, Bill Gates hasn't been rich for a long time. Vista lost loads of money

I knew this would happen some time or later. He seems to be giving many of his millions to charity which is very nice of him, If he didn't do this I am sure he would be the richest man by far. Although he doesn't own Microsoft and hasn't done for a number of years he still has investments in the company and with his money in the bank earning interest all the time He may still have a chance to become the worlds richest man again.