xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Bill Gates Is No Longer The Richest Man In The World

Well after 13 years of being the top dog in the billionair clue Bill Gates, the Microsoft Guru is now in third place with only $58 Billion dollars compared to long time Friend , Warren Buffet's $62 Billion Dollars. Heck maybe Vista is Microsoft's downfall, but more likely the lost of $1.3 Billion dollars from European Union, the War on Open Source, and of course the facth te stock market has been really crappy the last three months. Either way their is a new King in town and although he plans to donate like 95% of his money Warren Buffet is the richest person in the world.

SOURCE

this is suprise however I understand that it is affected by current bad situation in the market and so on. However the point is that if his stock market is affected then many others are also. And it is good practice that rich people or shell I say extraordinary rich people gave money to support the poor more of such people should do it. They can levae luxury life wth only few millions and not billions. On the other hand one likes to have pillow filled with money. But that is another story

yeah the riches guy now is worth 62 billion? I forget his name. thats like 62,000,000,000 dollars? If I ever make 1 mil In my life time I would be happy I'm sure, I just want a house and all the bare essentials. Of course having more money is like security. If you just live on your day to day income its not secure you have to have money saved away for the rainy days. These guys are masters of making money and I'm sure most of them do support charities its just they make so much money that giving away a few mils is like nothing. They are always thinking about planning for future investments. Ever hear the saying the rich get richer while the poor get poorer? I don't really dislike or hate rich people from being rich. They worked hard for it and as far as I can say they can do what ever they like with it. Now if your poor and have no money your can only blame yourself from not doing anything. This is directed at me since I am poor <_<. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom for you to change your life. When it comes down to it I'm sure everyone will do what ever they can to survive. The poor people keep going in other countries when they have no money and barely enough food, Its human nature. Rich people do give money to help but it can never be enough. Our world will always be full of rich and poor people and full of problems I'm not sure what will make it change. Sometimes even thinking about this gets me depressed and I feel sorry for all the unlucky people in this world. I have realtives in 3rd world countries that I dont even know off its sad. If I had money I would probably help them out first. It must be tough in a way if you have a strong conscience and to know you have that kind of money laying around and you know there are so many people out there who would benefit greatly from it. It could change their life but what would you do spend 90% of it helping out as much as you can and risk losing all you earned knowing you've put in a good effort to help people. Its a tough call to where you draw the line. Most of us aren't in a position with that much money to give out. If money is the root of all evil like the bible says then the riches people in the world must be very evil :E. Just a though I don't know really.PeaceSone.

Bill Gates is now the World's 3rd Richest Man.

Forbes Mag. says that had Microsoft nt made a bid for Yahoo! in January, Gates would be the World's Richest man since the Microsoft shares fell 15% between Jan. 31, the day before the company announced its bid for the search engine giant, and Feb. 11, the day Forbes locked in stock prices for the 2008 World's Billionaires list.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/05/buffett-wfetrichest.html&refURL=&referrer=

Edited by delivi (see edit history)

I do not care if he is or not the most rich man on the world, but it is news anyway so thanks, it is always good to be updated in this sort of things.I do not think bill gates is not the most rich man in the world because of those reasons, i beleave the most rich people do not say that they are, perhaps he never was just because the most rich person never wanted to say and expose his fortune, and i understand why.I have an idea for the number one, if in fact he plans to donate most of his money, give it to me 1%, i will apreciate it very much, i will even give half to the pooor.I just can not beleave that in fact he is going to donate so much money, i understand if he donates half or something like that, but 95% is crazy, i guess he is having bad fellings or whatever to make him do that, or he is just a generous person who loves and needs to help the others in need, i will make the effor to beleave is the second option.

bill gates decline in wealth doesn't have much to do with vista at all...he is becoming a philanthropist, he wants to give most of his money away.he is stepping down from microsoft to spend his time finding worthwhile charities to give money to.i've always had a lot of respect for bill gates despite what other people say and in my opinion, his philanthropy efforts just prove that he is a good man.

bill gates decline in wealth doesn't have much to do with vista at all...he is becoming a philanthropist, he wants to give most of his money away.
he is stepping down from microsoft to spend his time finding worthwhile charities to give money to.

i've always had a lot of respect for bill gates despite what other people say and in my opinion, his philanthropy efforts just prove that he is a good man.

I also have a lot of respect for Bill Gates. People who don't respect him don't deserve computers, IMO, even if I do hate Microsoft. Bill Gates is stepping out sometime in July, and I don't blame him or his timing. I think his company has gone too far down as far as he is concerned, and he just wants to concentrate on his humanitarian efforts that are separate from his company.

Speaking of which, I've never seen or heard Microsoft do any sort of humanitarian endeavour for things like biomedial research or environmental protection.

I read an article in Fortune recently, and I think his foundation concentrates on health and education, which are both honorable causes. As for the money, I really don't care. I see no reason to obsess over what others have, it's more important to focus on yourself.

The sad thing is though all these billionaires money is in stock and trade and maybe like 1% is in actual money, but looking at the top 20 if they donated $20 billion dollars imagine how many families they can help that struggling to stay warm and provide for their children, imaging how much of that money could be use to clean up the environment, and so on and so forth. The problem with Rich they only donate and give their time as little as possible, but of course when you have people like Buffet and Gates Foundation giving billions who need it the most. Personally all that money these people have is wasted money because it is not being put to good use, and on top of that the gap between the rich and poor is so huge that being a millionaire is considered poor. If that analogy makes any sense, but that is the reality of how the World Economy is working, yeah people give but not enough to actually help someone. True people need to be able ot help themselves in order to get anywhere, but when some receive charity they don't even bother trying to make themselves better, heck you got people even stealing from these charities and thus making it difficult for those who really need it.In my thinking the way the stock market is going right now, all it would take is to lose a few thousand points before almost everyone is on equal terms. Of course I really hate those infomercials that claim they can make you more money by trying their "secret" system, which is a bunch of bull but they let these people on TV anyway.Thanks for the vent but anyways their was story going back to 2005 that Bill stop running Microsoft and been working with the foundation since then, but of course a story broke out that this year Bill Gates is stepping down, albeit a minor supervisory position. So it should be interesting who the number one person that will lead Microsoft in the 21st century.

I read an article in Fortune recently, and I think his foundation concentrates on health and education, which are both honorable causes.

Of course it's an honourable cause. I was talking the company not doing anything, like IBM or Honda do.

For some reasons, it's all the Japanese-based companies that really do any innovating.

Well after 13 years of being the top dog in the billionair clue Bill Gates, the Microsoft Guru is now in third place with only $58 Billion dollars compared to long time Friend , Warren Buffet's $62 Billion Dollars. Heck maybe Vista is Microsoft's downfall, but more likely the lost of $1.3 Billion dollars from European Union, the War on Open Source, and of course the facth te stock market has been really crappy the last three months. Either way their is a new King in town and although he plans to donate like 95% of his money Warren Buffet is the richest person in the world.

SOURCE

Man bill gates wasn't the richest man in the world. There are others but i just cant seem to remember there names right now

i like bil gateBill Gates Is No Longer The Richest Man In The WorldPersonally all that money these people have is wasted money because it is not being put to good use, and on top of that the gap between the rich and poor is so huge that being a millionaire is considered poor. If that analogy makes any sense, but that is the reality of how the World Economy is working, yeah people give but not enough to actually help someone. True people need to be able ot help themselves in order to get anywhere, but when some receive charity they don't even bother trying to make themselves better, heck you got people even stealing from these charities and thus making it difficult for those who really need it.-reply by alamgeer

I'm happy he's not the most rich anymore, I'm sure god punished him for being so evil to create Vista. HAHHAHA. No, I'm kidding... Bill Gate is very intelligent too... I don't think he actually cares if he is the most rich person or not. Personally, I think The distribution of money is really wrong in this world... It's amazing how someone has SO MUCH money while COUNTRIES are dying of hunger. Something's just not working right.

Edited by Polipop (see edit history)

Wow, I always thought he'd win until he died. :) Seems that Uncle Billy spent too much in Windows 7 or in the Mojave Experiment :D People paid and then they said "I WANT MY MONEY BACK!".

Wow, I'm actually quite surprised about this....

People paid and then they said "I WANT MY MONEY BACK!".

Yeah, generally people would sue him or the whole Microsoft corp. Strange how they try their best to build such systems and items etc then get sued. It sucks in my opinion. :/