xisto Community
icleric

what is the favorite os in ur openion ?

what is yor favorite os ?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The best....I think that the best os in fact of ease of use (and hardware compatibility :P) is Windows, but... the one that works better is clearly Linux.but,since I'm too lazy to learn how to run a program by typing "program -ow -x 300 -a 'zxcv -tghj -p9'" I use windows :P

With GUI's such as Gnome and KDE being implemented, you don't have to type 'program -ow -x 300 -a 'zxcv -tghj -p9' to start anything, you just need to click on it as you would with Windows.Many of the Linux flavors are becoming more like Windows in the way that the user interacts with them, and are becoming much easier to use.

With GUI's such as Gnome and KDE being implemented, you don't have to type 'program -ow -x 300 -a 'zxcv -tghj -p9' to start anything, you just need to click on it as you would with Windows.

:P
of course, but there is a big selection of command-line-only softwares... for example.. tar, or gcc (the only way I can use gcc is through an IDE :P )

I think Windows is the most user friendly. I don't have to spend much time figure out how to get the work done on Windows. Also, the knowledge base is intensive that I can troubleshoot from the info it offers. But Windows needs reboot more often.

Hah, you all dare to think windows is the best, how many people try somethin elese???Windows is the best for losers that onlu think about games, but when you go on internet you *BLEEP* all of the viruses on stupid Misro$heet Windblows eXPensive!!! What..s wrong with windows, you can play 60% of game, wach dvx, dvd, listen music, go safety to net ETC. :lol: You should rely put slackvare in the list, I vote for mandrake, but... :P

You left out Fedora Core and SuSE. They are also a MAJOR Linux distro.Also, you left out the most popular UNIX, Macintosh.I would vote for SuSE but, there's no options for it!xboxrulz

Windows isn't exactly what you'd call 'reliable'. 'Compatible', maybe, but not reliable.Due it's constant stream of bugs and other flaws, especially in the security and stability department, Windows is one of the least-reliable widely used operating systems on the market.

i voted for windows cause that's what i use, it's really the only one i've used since apple... and i think that windows is easier than it so... go figure :P