xisto Community
tricky77puzzle

A New Webcomic Its name is B?ring and B?rd, for lack of a better title.

I like it because of the humor, but it is a little difficult to read. You should at least do the text on the computer. The art is nice too, but I just plain don't like the crumpled paper in the back, and the contrast between that and the light grey color of your pencil. It detracts from the comic. Like I said, your sense of humor is great, just please draw it on your computer. For the sake of my eyes!

I can't really draw it on the computer since I don't have a tablet. My mouse drawing is shaky at best and I can't really do much about it.I can image- edit it on the computer, though... if that helps.The crumpled paper was a mistake, but I couldn't fix it without destroying the image altogether.

Do you have flash? Flash somehow makes everything look good. Even when drawn with a shaky mouse. But if not perhaps you could increase the contrast of your drawings? Or perhaps start drawing them in pen instead of pencil.

Well, I don't really have a pen that I could really use for drawing like that. This is just a practice kind of thing for me. I'll start adding those things later when I actually have the time.I have flash, but it's a ("pirated") copy. I got it about 3 months ago the make an animation for the song "New Math", but I quickly got bored of it. I don't think I'll be using it anytime in the future.

On the subject of the drawing, you might want to try Inkscape. It's free and will allow you to use your scanned hand drawings as a sort of template. You could draw the comics by hand, scan them in, and then go over them in Inkscape with circles, curves, etc. It would give the comic cleaner look, and would allow you to muck around with text positioning so that it is all easy to read.

Either I'm having a moment of ADD or that comic was slightly hard to follow. I mean I got the first 2 panels, but what was that whole business at the middle and bottom? It got rather confusing. And rather than having free air text with line pointing to the person, why not try speech bubbles? I think it would make things look a little more professional. <_< (that is in response to the latest one, by the way)I do enjoy the stick figure feel with the crumple-ness. It's kinda cool lookin, sorta makes it unique. The thing is though, some of the panels do seem kinda bad....like you're trying to squeeze it all in. If you can't fit all the speech into the panel you want, I say don't worry about it and move on to the next panel. It would add some length to your comic....and let's face it, the longer, the better.....(that's what she said :( )Once I get my site from here up and running, I'm linking your site...mostly for my own laziness. I kinda want to keep up to date with this one. So um...good luck and keep with it man.

Edited by Inhuman (see edit history)

Yes your most recent one about the matrix is a tad bit confusing... And I'm just kind of curious... Is your inspiration xkcd? Because the style, humor, and themes are very similar...

Yes your most recent one about the matrix is a tad bit confusing... And I'm just kind of curious... Is your inspiration xkcd? Because the style, humor, and themes are very similar...

Well, pretty much. I've read XKCD for a long time, and the comics do really have a similar style don't they? I guess Randall and I just have similar interests... <_<

About the one with the matrix, read the one in 0,0 first. And then, it's all up to you.

On the subject of the drawing, you might want to try Inkscape. It's free and will allow you to use your scanned hand drawings as a sort of template. You could draw the comics by hand, scan them in, and then go over them in Inkscape with circles, curves, etc. It would give the comic cleaner look, and would allow you to muck around with text positioning so that it is all easy to read.

I have Inkscape, actually. However, this is just supposed to be a quick th ing by me; I'm not planning to make it professional anytime soon. I use inkscape to design logos, however, including my Earthdragon one. (This logo is my personal artist's logo that I put on "The Seal".)

I can also suggest using Paint Shop or Photoshop. Either to draw or sharpen the image. For instance, you could draw using the Pen Tool in PSP (which works like the drawing pen tool in Flash) and eliminates the shakiness of drawing with a mouse. You can also edit the lines, smoothing them more. But, if that doesn't appeal to you, you can always try using enchancing effects.For instance, I have PSP9. I've come to realise that when scanning in a pencil drawing, I can enchance it in two ways. Firstly, I use the 1 step Photofix to solve the problem of greyness. It becomes quite near to black to be exact. Then, you use the eraser to remove unnessary things like eraser marks and strange shadows. It's quite an easy way to turn it into a quality lineart. I suggest trying it.

i have Flash tough i don't know how to deal with it,anyways love the comics man very funny <_<but one suggestion, maybe link to the comics so it lowers the loading time of the page?

Well, then again, the whole point of the comic page is to display it on the page itself. If I just linked to them. you'd have to click on a link to see the image and it would take the same amount of time to load anyway, plus you'd have to switch between 2 tabs to see both the comic and the description. I'll set up an archive page later, where there'll be about 100 links to different pictures.