xisto Community
synapticflame

Styles In Word Xp Normal + After: 0.75 line

I use MS Word XP all the time. I use the Styles feature in most of my documents along with semantic markup so that I have a consistent look across the whole document that I can change easily. If you don't know what I'm talking about, nevermind. But if you do....

I like to have my paragraphs separated by some vertical whitespace, so I edit the Normal paragraph style (space after: 0.75 line). The topmost part of the styles pane shows the "Formatting of selected text". When I apply the Normal style to something, instead of simply saying "Normal" in that field, it says "Normal + After: 0.75 line". However, the 0.75 line shouldn't be an extra thing on just this text, it's part of the Normal style, since I edited the style to add the spacing.

Has anyone else seen this behavior before?

Does anyone else even use styles?

I use styles, but I don't get whats wrong with it displaying + 0.75 ... etc...I mean whats the problem? does it not actually apply?if you are just wondering why it does that, its because Normal is predefined most probably and you cannot change it. Instead you can give a new name and then it won't display the + 0.75...

Iv seen the same thing, i just try to ignore it cause i can't find anyone that knows how to do it. But it is certainly very annoying cause it's not doing what you told it to.COOKY