xisto Community
CiniMen

Boredom Boredom is such a false feeling that people should deal with

?I?m bored?? How many times in a day do you say that, or hear it said? Too many. My parents used to always criticize me for saying I was bored. ?there?s no excuse for being bored,? they would say, ?you can find something to do.? ?whatever,? I would say and just walk away. ?there?s nothing to do?? this is also a phrase we hear too often. What is true about that? There is so much to do! I think we really mean we?re too lazy to actually do anything. There really is so much to do, I?m not even going to name anything because that list could go on and on. And even if you don?t feel like getting up to do anything, you could just think. Think about anything. Ask yourself questions, give yourself answers, come up with conclusions, philosophies, anything! Sounds weird, but sometimes it can be fun. More of a people person and not an introvert? Talk to someone. That?s just like thinking but you have two or more opinions to base yours on. No one with you? Call someone. I?m sure someone is just as bored and would love for someone to talk to. No phone with you of no one available to talk to? Write a letter to someone. It?s so much fun getting letters. Either e-mails or real, mailed letters, they let you know someone is thinking of you. Personally, I like hand written letters better. There is just something about them. And the best part is, if you write to someone, they might write back! One time I wrote a crazily long e-mail to a friend, and we ended up writing back and forth (really really long e-mails) for a long time. It was fun. See, there are so many things to do when your bored, even if your feeling really lazy. What do you think/talk/write about? Anything really. You could just go on the internet and google a random word, see what comes up, and share your opinions on it. Or look at some quotes, poetry, talk about books, TV, anything. Sounds lame, I know, but isn?t it lamer sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing, letting your brain turn to mush?

?I?m bored?? How many times in a day do you say that, or hear it said?

I'm horrified at how often I hear the words, "I'm bored," roll off the tongues of today's young folk. Makes me wonder what this world's coming to. Why, in my day (*hobbles across floor with cane holding up frail body*), we were so busy learning how to read and write in grammar school that thoughts of boredom seldom crossed our engrossed little minds. Yes, there was a day when schools actually concerned themselves with educating the young. Nowadays, public "schools" are obsessed with churning out kids who can't find the United States on a map, much less string a coherent sentence together. But they make dang sure the tykes know how to put condoms on cucumbers. For more on the deliberate dumbing down of our nation's youth, I dare you to check out this site: http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/ Don't just skim over it, but spend some quality time absorbing the plethora of information. What you'll find will both frighten and enlighten. Suffice it to say, I blame much of this current boredom epidemic on an institution which has never had the common youth's best interest at heart. On the contrary, the corporate entities (Rockefeller, Carnegie...to name a few) behind public schools have fashioned a brilliant system to enslave young minds and create compliant little worker slaves for the one-world feudal government they have in store for us. But don't believe me. Go read the documented facts for yourself, then come back to the Trap with your newfound knowledge, and enlighten the rest of us.

I find it strange to hear when people tell me they are bored. My friends tell me that all the time, but for me, I can't honestly think of the last time that I was bored... well, except in situations that are out of my control. Like if I need to sit through a very long presentation that really isn't interesting in the least. Yes, things like that make me bored, but it is were up to me, I'd be doing something other than that... and while I'm sitting there I'm also thinking of all the other stuff that would be much more productive for me to be doing, so yea...And when I am doing things on my own, it's like I don't even have time to be bored. I'm constantly doing something at all times, and it's actually a challenge for me to find time to relax and just read my book or something, because I'm always too busy with things. I often think to myself how much of a shame it is to be spending so much of my life asleep. So many hours everyday, when I could be spending a few more of those hours on things that would be so much more interesting, or fun, or whatever the case may be. But perhaps those hours are good to let me wind down from this crazy 'non-bored' life of mine. Otherwise, I might go insane :(And I'm not saying that I'm a work-a-holic, or that sort of thing. No, I certainly am not spending every waking hour working. I just have so many things that I like to fit into my day that I can't seem to find enough hours to get everything in that I want to do, let alone find the time to be bored.I'm constantly learning new things, or working, or reading, or cooking, or eating, or catching a show, or playing a game, or messing around on my piano, or talking with my family and friends. There is just an endless list to everything that I do, so it's really hard for me to even imagine what people are thinking about when they call to tell me how bored they are. Doesn't everyone have a lot of things to do?I mean, how can a person just live their life doing nothing? For instance, this one friend of mine tells me about how bored he is... and that he spends most of his time in his room adding names to a long list that he's been making of movies that he wants to buy when he has the money for it. I suggest, why don't you go out and look for a job? Because then you'll won't be bored, and you'll have money to get the movies you wanted.... His reply: Nah... I'll look for one in the summer. I don't want to bother now cause it's cold outside. So, instead of doing something... he'd rather call me up and tell me about how bored he is and about his list of like 300-ish movies that he's going to buy when he decides to get off his butt and actually get a job.Mind you, hearing "I'm bored" from people everyday gets rather boring in itself I suppose, but I tend to even be doing other things during the same time as I'm listening to other people's complaints of boredom. One day I might be surfing the net, the next day I might be editing a paper, while another day I might be cleaning the house. I tell the bored person to find something to do... write something, read something, clean something.... whatever, I'm sure there is something that can be done. Go out for a walk... anything! Is it really that hard to not be bored?!I don't know... I guess everyone is different and either wants to be bored, or doesn't want to be... or if they are like me, never finding the time to be bored... but I figure, there's always something that can be done to erase the boredom... it just depends on what the priorities of the person are. I could be doing XX or I could be doing nothing. I'd rather not do XX, so instead, I'll just do nothing and be bored.Wow, I wrote more than I expected to write... but I'm starting to understand why I can't find the time to be bored. Perhaps it is because I tend to write too much, say too much, read too much, do too much.... If I could just find a way to write less, and say less, and read less, and do less... then maybe, just maybe, I could be bored too <_< Wish me luck :(

Yeah I hate hearing people say that too, I don't how you can be bored if you are not constantly thinking or planning things to do. Maybe they just have no motivation to do things and have so much free time that they run out of things to do and it becomes boring. For me I'm the opposite, there isn't enough hours in a day and I get frustrated about not having enough time to do all the things I need to do and want in a day. 24 hours a day I spend only 8hours sleeping roughly the rest of the time I am working and doing the necessities like eating, drinking, getting around places, attending classes, doing homework, looking for work. I'm so busy the only time I get to chill is minimal. I think if people have responsibilities they wouldn't have problems of being bored, You will be way too busy to be bored.Every time I hear the words "I'm bored" I wonder what they do with your time lol. I wish I could be bored and have nothing to do.

I dont complain if i get bored. I just jump online and read forums, play MMOs, etc in my spare time. Helps take the time up, or other from that, go outside and do a bit of gardening and/or head out and kick a football around afterwards, topped off with lunch/dinner and a beer.