xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
keego

Ur Family And Your Bf/gf Hanging Out i have a problem .. i hate my cousin and my bf together.. why?

Hey guys .. i jst have this problem with my bf and my cousin hanging out.. can someone tell me how i can get over it or why im feeling this way?okay so they are both the same age.. but i hate them being around each other.. according to my feelings. i think my cousin is a bad influence.. but i don't know.. even like my bf and my friend being alone in one room i jsst don't like it.. its like i get so annoyed everytime my cousin and my bf hang together.. and i get very upset when they talk about me .. everytime im around them two.. my cousin always ask me if i work or not.. or how come im not at work.. or has my bf been given me money.. i feel like its none of his business what i do.. who im with.. i hate people interfering in my life.. especially giving me lectures or joking abt it infront of my boyfriend.. omg i get so angry i could slap them both across the head..!! arrrg.. am i wrong to feel this way? maybe its the way they laugh abt everything and talk about me.. i feel like my boyfriend can drive all the way up to my cousins house to see him.. but when i ask him to go out he says his tired.. i never see him so tired when my cousin calls him.. FAR OUT pisses me off.. and it feels like they gang up on me everytime im with them.. my cousin is always asking me why im so serious all the time..how can you tell a cousin to stop hanging out with your boyfriend? or stop calling your boyfriend? sometimes my cousin pops up at my bfs house without asking me first and the lucky thing is im there alot so i know when his there.. but when i hear that they've talked and my bf hasn't told me. i get so pissed off..whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

heck maybe your cousin and your boyfriend are, you know "seeing each other", but that is really thinking outside the box and of course I was having this conversation with someone about girl crushes, and so thats is why I am thinking that. Heck I would say the next time you see them together, blurt out if you cousin loves him or something, but remember if it is a yes answer well your on your own with how to fix that situation.Or you oculd get a restraining order put on you cousin to even be meaner about it. However, the reason your so mad about this is that your boyfriend is spending more time with your cousin then with you, and so its justifiable why your angry at your cousin and stuff. As to really fix the problem I would say either tell the cousin to stop, tell the boyfriend to stop, or just dump the boyfriend altogether. But still I think the "seeing each other" is a possibility but not to sure on it, and basically you have to put your foot down and tell them to stop, but I don't see that happening either. Or maybe you did something to cousin years ago and he is getting sweet revenge, but other then that not to sure how to effectively solve the problem without doing something I just mentioned above, because telling them to stop isn't doing it.

I agree with what SM has said. I would add this.. if you don't like whats going on you can either tell your boyfriend or your cousin, Who ever your comfortable with or what ever reason tell that person. Let them know how you feel about it keeping in mind if you are being reasonable about it too. You don't want to come across being too controlling since they are free to have who ever as friends as they like. I guess it all depends on you and your boyfriends relationship and what you both consider OK. If hes visiting 5 days out of 7 then tell him to go find some other friends but if its once a week or less it seems reasonable enough. I'm a bit different when it comes to friends I can not see them for months years and I wouldn't really miss them. Just last night my friend came over to visit me I found it annoying since we don't really relate well. It would of been OK if it was just him but he brought his kid and his kid is kinda annoying as kids are. He was playing PS3 with my little brother too instead of catching up with me. I dunno I just find that annoying.

assuming you cousin is a guy, its not too big a deal. Maybe your bf needed another guy to hang out with. How you act depends on what your bf is like. You can tell him how you feel, but don't complain too much. If your bf really likes your cousin then you complaining just makes him feel like you don't "get" him. You could talk to your cousin too, tell him to stop hanging out with your bf. Unless he's a complete *bottom* he'll at the very least tone it down.

I've told my boyfriend before. nxt thing you know they still talk.. and i got all upset when im with them and my bf asked why. im thinking " DONT U EVER LISTEN TO ME" but yeah lol.. i don't know.. how should i tell my cousin in a nice way? he use to be my favourite but since the day that them two started talking im not as close to him.. his always asking what happened.. how would i put it in a nice way "stop hanging with my bf, it annoying" my world is colliding... i don't like bf mixing with family arrrrrrrg and no they arent gay lmao.. and my bf has heaps of friends. >.< sighs

Maybe your boyfriend really gets along well with your cousin. I don't think you should actually try to stop your bf from hanging out with him, because your bf sees him as just another pal of his, and you aren't supposed to control which people he befriends right? You should probably talk to your cousin and tell him not to ask those interfering questions. I guess you feel that you're not close to him after they started getting together because you resent him, and obviously, you wouldn't feel close to someone whom you have begun to dislike. Your cousin probably still feels the same about you as he did before, or he may have detected your coldness towards him and is trying to get back your attention by doing all those annoying things. You should have a good talk with your cousin. It's not wise to spoil your relationship with a family member over a guy. Moreover, it's not a very serious problem. At least they are talking about you in front of you, instead of gossiping about you behind your back. You can also tell your boyfriend some embarrassing things about your cousin, an eye for an eye.

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)