xisto Community
tricky77puzzle

Ftp Problem zero file-length?

I'm using FileZilla right now, and trying to upload a second copy of WordPress onto the account to use as a comic repository.For some reason, a lot of the files are missing, and when I look into the folders, I see that a lot of the files have a filelength of 0.What gives?Could someone please help me out?

Not sure what went wrong, but one solution might be to create a zip file and upload that. The Cpanel will allow for unzipping the single file on the server rather than needing to upload a bunch of single fies. That is the method I would use. Another hin might be to install the Firefox Extension FireFTP. I use it for quick FTP jobs and it has worked flawlessly for me.

Not sure what went wrong, but one solution might be to create a zip file and upload that. The Cpanel will allow for unzipping the single file on the server rather than needing to upload a bunch of single fies. That is the method I would use.
Another hin might be to install the Firefox Extension FireFTP. I use it for quick FTP jobs and it has worked flawlessly for me.

.... holy crap... your kidding me... i didn't know you could unzip files on the cpanel.... well... that will certainly save time........

Yes u need to unzip on the server when You ftp all thouse files some of the packet get lost all the ones with 0bytes need to be reftped linux konqueror has a exstract here button will do tar or zip try a live linux cd i have not found a windows based ftp that can exstract a zip file web apps is what i do for a living word press is a great app zen-cart is the best shopping cart i think, paVer

i do this all the time with wordpress using filezilla and it always work perfectly are you following the instructions on the wordpress site cause you might be doing something wrong. also try uploading them all at once instead of one-by-one that's what i always do and it always works perfectly.

Check your read/write permsions make sure you have at least 755Maybe Filezila is upload in binary when is should be in ascii mode

Or perhaps it needs to fallback on Active mode. I did that and now everything works fine. It shouldn't have to do that, though.

It's not a problem with binary format. Some PHP files make it, but others don't. It's only a random few files that have zero file-length.