xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hippiman

Stage6 Shut Down WTF?

Stage6 user?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think I'm kind of late for this, but stage6.com has shut down on Feb 28th. They said it was too expensive or something.
Just try going to Stage6, and you'll see their long explanation of why they shut down.

I'm not sure how many of you used it, but I loved it. It was a good place to find free movies, for a couple of hours before they got deleted. :P
They also had plenty of good user videos. And when you downloaded DivX, stage6 was the first place they sent you.

Now they're trying to send everyone over to Veoh. I don't really have a problem with veoh, because I use that, too. But I don't really think they needed to shut down. They didn't even give much of a warning. I was just using it a couple of days ago.

I don't know what I'm going to do now. :P

Kind of sucks, huh?

I agree stage 6 shutting down is a shock to the online company. It was the only site that had good quality videos for free. Stage 6 was the place where people can post their work without it being downgraded to youtube standards. The bar that stage 6 set was really high they did something that many others never dare to touch. Also if you look at the company that made stage 6 it is divix not the all mighty google or microsoft. I feel that if funds was the problem the community would have been able to help.One of my friends who work for stage 6 states that it wasnt a money issuse they just didnt have enough resources.

Stage6 was the only good place for myself and my siblings to watch quality videos online. Infact, we had only found out about Stage6 a month previous to the shutting down of it. Well, I knew about it, however I did not know that it was WAY better than Youtube.I believe it was partially a resource and financial issue. Financial and server issues are always what will block a corporation/webmaster from proceeding within the development of their website.