xisto Community
csp4.0

Maybe Time For A Cpanel Update?

Not saying that Xisto isn't good but the cpanel is outdated, maybe time for an update? I mean, not only does the new cpanel look better, better user-friendly GUI but also that it is safer to use. So opaque? BuffaloHELP? cPanel update?

No the cpanel is updated just not the skin because of how expensive they are and the last time the cpanel was giving a new skin people where having account problems. Last I know the current version of Cpanel is version 11 and so cpanel is updated just not the skin; which I don't think is really important when trying to set up your website.

Further to Saint Michael's reply, each Member can select to alter the skin on their Cpanel. These is a selection of choices for both color and format. I prefer the 'light' skins rather than all of the Image based ones. Runs a little quicker. Easier on the bandwidth and cycle times.

I don't mind the cpanel, i actually prefer it to newer versions and I can find where everything is pretty easily, and usually upload my files via FTP :PPlus the new look doesnt really do much, and if the cpanel itself is new, then getting the newest theme is a waste of money and takes away from the admins spending funds on where it really benefits the community.Just my 2 centsA200

no, the reason I asked for a cPanel update was because of this... In the Xisto cPanel in the "cpanel version" box it says this...11.8.0-RELEASE-16253but if I go to http://cpanel.com/ and try out their demo... it says...11.18.1-DEMO note how it says 11.18.1 and the Xisto one says 11.8.0... that is why...But if I am wrong because the cpanel in the demo was made specially for the demo, then sorry admins/mods...

I remember when they updated the Cpanel last time. Nearly everyone had some sort of problem with it. There's no need to update, I like it how it is. Nice and simple, no need to complicate stuff.

Not saying that Xisto isn't good but the cpanel is outdated, maybe time for an update? I mean, not only does the new cpanel look better, better user-friendly GUI but also that it is safer to use.
So opaque? BuffaloHELP? cPanel update?

hehe.. yea. its just the skin.. i personaly like the new skins, better than the ones we get here in Xisto.. but then again
im getting freehosting with no adds.. i cant ask for much (: hahahha

<3 even though the new skins.. are pretty

I'm pretty satisfied with cPanel as it is right now. Pretty easy to navigate through and user-friendly, while still giving advanced users the options they need if they choose to use them. Also, Fantastico is a godsend.

Ah yes I remember that little fiasco and that had to do with Cpanel X, but now that csp clarified his topic, same answer somewhat applies but with a twist. In order to to update any software such as Cpanel you have to test it out and see if there are any conflicts, such as the update from 9 to 10 when people couldn't access their accounts. Of course it also depends on what kind of updates cpanel has as well, and if it is not security related you usually don't want to update it anyways because you need to give about 4-6 month for possible bugs to fix when the update goes into it's final version.

CPanel blocked

Maybe Time For A Cpanel Update?

Both of my websites are timing out. After spending the last two weeks running various scans I've concluded the Cpanel is screwed. I've been able to get to my sites a couple of time but they both went down quickly. One site I work in quite a bit but the other site is new and the only common denomintor between the two is the Cpanel, hence my conclusion. My host tells me he can see my site just fine (as do others) and that there is nothing wrong. So all of this must be in my imagination, huh?

I think he'll take me seriously when I cancel service. :O/

P.S. My God your word verification is horrendous.. What the hell are those freak'and letters ???? ... This sfuff drives me nuts .. I'm going back to painting cars for living.. THAT makes sense.

-reply by Dan Walter

------- REPLY BY ADMIN --------

The problem must be due to Network.

Try Switching Webhosts.

You can try our hosting at Xisto - Web Hosting.com

OR Take our Web hosting walkthrough at:-

http://www.guide2host.com