xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
prone

Questions About Upgrading A Freedom Package

hi there,i have been a Xisto - Web Hosting client for a small time now...i purchased the plan b when i began making my site, then i upgraded to the budget freedom package, now i am pondering what to do next.Well the site isn't exactly highly trafficked, but i am using drupal which quite a resource hog, so i am thinking of making the upgrade to fulfill those needs.So i am asking for an advice on which package should i choose next... and i have to say that i am not comfortable managing a vps as i am not experienced.so i am thinking of upgrading from 'budget freedom' to 'freedom', but there are some questions that i have:1- i see that the policies and offering has changed, and now a step back has been made to php4 instead of php5; if i upgrade, will i get a php downgrade??2- i have already paid the full year's expense, and now in this upgrade i am looking on the money that i paid will be used, i want to pay quarterly or even monthly now, but by upgrading do i lose the money that i paid, and if not(that's from what i read), how things will be arranged?3- as i said the main reason for my upgrade is resources, so what does this package offer more than the first one other than storage and bandwith?4- are freedom packages offerings more risky than other offerings because there is more overselling here? i am saying this because i have seen a degradation in the quality of offerings when i upgraded from plan B to the budget freedom package.. SURPRISINGLY the site was running faster under plan B and i wasn't using drupal cachin,,. or is this caused by the end of the one month money payback guarantee :P ? or by another factor? as i said drupal is a resource hog, but that doesn't justify the performance downgrade.5- suggest other solutions.