xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Reekun

Weighted Clothes / Equipment I have no idea what to buy...

So for my weight training class the teacher told us to innovate and find new ways to add weight training into your lifestyle...

While ten pounds on each wrist or ankle may not sound too bad it really hurts so I lowered it to 6 pounds and i'm doing better now but my back is strained.

I originally wanted to have weighted equipment because of all the anime shows that showed Rock Lee and Goku having immediate powerups after removing their weight equips, so I thought WHY NOT ME? Long story short I'm at home with these babies

As far as strength goes, I'm not exactly sure as to how weighted clothing would make it weaker. I would think that it should make you stronger, seeing as how if you throw a punch with a lot of weight, your punch should be stronger than it would be if you had less weight.

Posted Image

20 pound weights for the wrists and ankles

10 pounds on each side, Valeo AW20 Adjustable Ankle / Wrist Weights (10-Pounds Each, 20-Pound Total)

Who here has experience with weighted clothing accessories? Because I want to work out at the gym and while doing normal everyday activities :P

The use of weighted clothing would most certainly limit both agility and mobility, seeing as how you are carrying a great deal of weight.

On the other hand, with weighted clothing, maybe your punches won't come out as fast, and the end result is that it wouldn't pack the full force it would've had if you were to be free of all that excess weight.

Here's my conversation with my friend that has weighted ankle things

Holy Gnarfard: hey korn you wear weighted equips rite

Auto response from korn111: pulling a wu and pulling a corn, doing what i want and being stupid xD

korn111: weighted equips?

Holy Gnarfard: ya like weighted clothes

korn111: waddya mean?

Holy Gnarfard: like dontcha have wrist weights and stuff like DBZ people for martial arts

korn111: lol

korn111: i wear leg weights all days but friday

korn111: but they're only 5 pounds = =

Holy Gnarfard: leg weights!!!

korn111: ankle*

korn111: i wear them when nobody will see them

Holy Gnarfard: how much did they cost and are they easily seen

Holy Gnarfard: o

korn111: i wear jeans

korn111: so nobody sees them

korn111: they costed like 12 bucks

Holy Gnarfard: ok

Holy Gnarfard: i ordered 5 pound leg and wrist from amazon for 14 bucks

Holy Gnarfard: :-P

Holy Gnarfard: my power level is gonna be over 100!!!

korn111: oO

korn111: wrists!

korn111: i need wrist weights

korn111: xD

Holy Gnarfard: i hope theyre not too big :P

Holy Gnarfard: what brand are ur ankle things

Holy Gnarfard: valeo!!

korn111: :P

korn111: the big 5 brand?

Holy Gnarfard: ok ive never heard of it :-P

The weight pushes you further into using your full and complete strength because it's harder when wearing it!

I'm going to be wearing my ankle things at school and underneath my jeans most of the time!

Now that my jeans are on I can barely see my weights but the wrist weights really suck I recommend none of you get them, the bags of sand fell out and spilled on the floor. weightlifting is not only good at your age, but more kids should start doing it. I started weightlifting young, and only good things come from it.

the fire and doom and gloom is all over and now I can ejoy the usage and application of my weights

where-ever I go people watch me and say stuff like is that dude wearing a ring around his ankle wtf??

What should I wear so people can't see my 10 lb ankle weights that clearly!?

Maybe it is because weighted clothing strains body and people who uses those clothes cant use their full power or something like that..

A friend of mine has been lifting since he was nine and he's fifteen and just as tall as me about 5'9. I'm sure you've all heard this before, but really dont push yourself.

I started weight training class this year and I've barely grown all year, 5 credit PE required lol.

Im 15 yrs old and I can do.. like a 100~120 lbs Benchpress and my lat ( for the back ) the max lbs I can do is like.. 140.. will it Affect my height growth?

I started lifting at 15, and it has made a huge difference in my health, strength, and quality of life.

Wasn't sure if it should go here or power level, but here goes...

I was wondering why the power levels seem to be affected by clothing so much; shouldn't their speed be the only thing to increase, instead of their power in general?

Does anyone know why weighted clothes seems to make such a diffference?

Edited by Reekun (see edit history)

I would rather have a lean, slightly-built body than a too buff body. For some reason I find weight-lifters a bit disoriented (for lack of a better term). they have these big, buffed-up bodies that aren't so proportional with the other parts of the body, like the head, for example.but anyways, with regards to this topic, i think you're too fascinated with the anime stuff. Routines at the gym aren't that bad, just don't push it too much. about the height thing, that's what I was telling my friends when they were encouraging me to go to the gym. I'm pretty much afraid I'll lose some of my height when I go off to excert a lot of effort carrying some heavy metal.

You gotta be careful when messing with weights or you can strain something and muscle strains and sprains take a while to recover from. Even worse would be if you tore something.Start out with a low comfortable weight. When your body is used to that resistance you will know because it will get easier. That is when you slowly ( pound by pound) add more weight for resistance. If you try too much, too hard in the beginning you could hurt yourself and set yourself further back from your goals.Just my two guatalajaran centavos.

For my martial arts training I wear full body weightsOn forearms and thighs, as well as gloves and shoes. I also were a vest and neck/shoulder weights. I've been doing this for 5 years now and I'm incredibly fit. Each piece of equipment is 20 pounds except the vest which is 50 pounds and the shoulder weights which are 25 pounds. Obviously you'd start lower but I were some weights all the time. Best way to get strong and fast.

For my martial arts training I wear full body weights On forearms and thighs, as well as gloves and shoes. I also were a vest and neck/shoulder weights. I've been doing this for 5 years now and I'm incredibly fit. Each piece of equipment is 20 pounds except the vest which is 50 pounds and the shoulder weights which are 25 pounds. Obviously you'd start lower but I were some weights all the time. Best way to get strong and fast.

where do you buy the full body weights. im looking everywhere but i cant find them

I am 14 years old im about 172 cm and 60 kg and i am thinking about wearing a weighted vest that is about 20-30 pounds. Will a weighted vest hurt my back and stunt my growth if i wear it around everywhere except showers and sleep? I am thinking of improving my endurance and stamina for badminton and running.