xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lennyg.

Ps2 Or Ps3

yes my freinds told me it makes no sense wasting time on a ps3 wen a ps2 already has great games and graphics so y should we buy the ps3 well wats ur viewsbcuz i wanna get i ps3 but i already hav a ps2 and i've heard of nfs pro street for ps2 duz this game play better on the ps3 and wat games would u rather play on the ps2 than the ps3 or viceversa

PS3 is tonnes tonnes tonnes better, its a whole new revolution, but I don't play consoles, I have a PS3 but don't play it, I wouldn't play and xbox either, or a gamecube or a wii or anything. Get a PS3, sell ur PS2 to raise funds b4 its worthless.

I believe the only addition to the PS3 from the PS2 is the wireless capability, harddrive, and the blueray drive, but other than that, it's not worth it. If you're happy with your PS2, stick with it, I'm not even sure if a PS3 is fully backwards compatable with a PS2, I believe the PS3 is waay too expensive to replace a PS2 and I doubt PS2 games will run any better on a PS3, so, that's my two cents.

i kinda agree with t3jem a ps3 is way 2 expensive to replace a ps2 but the thing is technology grows and we would som day wan2 play games with graphics that is "out of this planet" without having 2 burn a new video card or console and without the burden of having a huge thing as a console maybe as small as the ps2

PS2 is dead if not already it will be soon, I doubt Sony will continue to support it when it has PS3 out there. Unless you have a lot of cash to spend don't get a PS3 unless you plan on using it alot. There aren't many games out yet so you may want to wait till the price drops and more games start appearing or you will be disappointed. I brought my PS3 when it first came out knowing there wasn't going to be many games but I have faith in the console as playstation has always had great games. I don't depend on it for everyday entertainment so I'm not that impatient waiting for the good games to come out. Also I enjoy the blue ray movies on it a lot. Right now my little brother is its master and plays on it everyday so its not really going to waste. My only regret was buying the only RPG game that came out on release, I had no choice it was the only game and it sucks LOL. Enchanted arms is what it was called.

I honestly don't believe the ps2 is dead yet. It may be old now, but it is better than the ps3 in bang for your buck anyways. It's a great system and I rank it up with xbox 360 and wii as do many of my friends. I would buy a ps2 for 150 bucks, I wouldn't buy a ps3 for that unless it has 100% backwards compatability. There may not be many new games for the ps2, but it is still a great system.

Well to put it bluntly the playstation 3 pretty much revolutionizes what the PS2 couldn't do effectively. The use of a hard drive although started on the PS2 was very expensive and kind of pointless since Final Fantasy XI used it effectively, and lets not forget you can install an operating system through the playstation, and the hard drives are interchangeable and so like a computer you can make it bigger. Also connection only is more effecient since now you can drop a WIFI router in your house next to your computer, and then be somewhere else playing games online. Although backwards compatibility is spread to the playstation, most games cannot handle the PS 3 and so they don't work as good as they should on the PS2 or the playstation. However, to effectively use the Playstation 3 you need an HDTV otherwise your playing a playstation 2, even though you can clearly see the difference on a regular TV though.As for NFSPS I would say it is a lot better for the online mode then the PS2 but other then that no real difference, although I haven't bought a PS2 game in a long time even though I got my PS3 when it came out. of course I have slowed down on my gaming needs since I am a bit older and not like those kids who think playing video games is a career, except for those who test games out as a career :P.

I go for the PS2.. They're just same.. but can i say PSP? I like it much.. it's handy and can be played anywhere.. It is also multiplayers which can be played by 8persons. I don't know if there would be some requirements so it can be played by 9 and up..

True thers no sense in buying ps3 if you already have a ps2 but sony is forcing you into buying one by not supporting ps2, so wait till ps2 is totally useless then get ps3

Get a PS3. I don't know what most of these guys are talking about but the PS3 is extremely powerful and the games look way better than on the PS2, and I don't even have a HDTV.Plus with it's online capabilities upgraded, it's great. I can download demos for games right from the console.Not to mention you can mod it and make it an awesome grill. lol

hhhmmm...... all u guys make plenty of sense keep it coming cuz i really cant think of wat 2 do.... but i think i'll get a psp for the time being and play my ps2 until it gets completely useless like wat some one said in the forum thats a cool idea

yes my freinds told me it makes no sense wasting time on a ps3 wen a ps2 already has great games and graphics so y should we buy the ps3 well wats ur viewsbcuz i wanna get i ps3 but i already hav a ps2 and i've heard of nfs pro street for ps2 duz this game play better on the ps3 and wat games would u rather play on the ps2 than the ps3 or viceversa

Look ps3 is a next gen gaming system. Why not get a next gen?? But in my eyes both the ps2 and ps3 suck compared to Microsoft's xbox 360.

Xbox and ps3 has about the same graphics, same games but xbox has one thing that ps3 will never have. Xbox live, the best online gaming network ever and i mean ever. So please don't get the ps3 and get a 360. But its your choice, Just pick a next gen system and you will be blown away.
Edited by goldtupac (see edit history)

I'm not going to go into a debate on why the XBOX is inferior to the PS3 (or even the Wii), but I will comment on the PS2-PS3 thing. What I find is quite interesting. Granted, the PS3 has much better graphics, easier way to save, and even an online system (that I must say, isn't as good as Live is). But, just because games have better graphics doesn't mean their all worth it. So far, for the PS3, I'm looking forward to FF13 (because it's FF, not because it's on the PS3), and Assassin's Creed (though that one can be played on the XBOX too, so hmmm). Even now, they are still releasing games for the PS2(Persona 3 Fes, Mana Khemia, etc), and a month ago, it was still outselling all the 3rd gen consoles in Japan (save for the Wii). So, it seems that the popularity is quite fixed on the PS2 still, and it might take quite a while for it to die. And of course, don't throw it away. The PS3 still has limited to no backwards compatibility to PS1 games, which is frustrating, as there is some gems in the PS1 that I'd still want to play someday.