xisto Community
Elessar

What Happens After My Account Gets Suspended?

I have a subdomain with Xisto, but realised its really hard to get my credits up unless I post religiously everyday here.My question is:1. What happens if my credits run out? Does my account gets suspended?2. What happens after a period of time when I decide I don't want to unsuspend it?3. Does my hosting account get deleted after a period of inactivity? i.e. I decide to let it be because I don't want the hosting anymore.

After you get suspended you get 30 days to get out of it. If not your account will be automatically terminated. If you don't want your account any longer you don't need to do anything. Yeah keeping credits is tough so if you don't the ads theres always free hosting with ads and you don't need to worry about keeping the credits up.

1. What happens if my credits run out? Does my account gets suspended?

If your hosting credits drop below 0 then your account will be suspended. Visitors to your site will be redirected to a page informing them that your site is unavailable as your account is suspended, however, all your files, databases and all that stay on the server.

You will continue to lose one credit per day, taking you into negative credits. Once you hit -30 credits, your account is permanently removed.

To get out of suspension, simply post until you have over +4 credits.

2. What happens after a period of time when I decide I don't want to unsuspend it?

After 30 days of being suspended (i.e. when you hit -30 credits) then your account is deleted.

3. Does my hosting account get deleted after a period of inactivity? i.e. I decide to let it be because I don't want the hosting anymore.

If you decide you don't want to keep your hosting, you can terminate it from the account management page, or you can leave it until it gets automatically deleted.

As sonesay has mentioned, you can get Free Hosting with Ads that doesn't need you to post to keep your account. Your site will have a small text ad displayed on every page though. Of course, you can also pay for hosting if you don't want to post and still don't want ads.

Well I think the termination script has always been buggy as I have seen a few people over -40+ credits still active. OF course a small reminder, might have missed this in reading the posts, but if your in the negative the credit rate changes and so you earn more credits to help you get out of the negative quicker.

well you could always have a paid hosting account. it would be preferable if you don't have too much time in your hands and can't go to the forum to keep up your credits.