xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SandysDad

Green Bay Packers

The Packers should get some very good prospects coming out of college this year at the NFL Draft, I just saw the combine this last weekend and they showcased alot of promising prospects. The need the Packers have is CB, OL, LS, and TE. The Packers released TE Bubba Franks, who was with the club for 6 seasons. I believe they will pick up a QB for backing up Aaron Rodgers when Brett Favre retires. The NFL Draft will air on the NFL Network

Nice prediction SandysDad. I think Flynn and Brohm will definitely be sufficient support to A-Rod. I think we should also check out our receiving core. Nelson was a great pick up in the 2nd round and should be a solid slot receiver or special teams player. But overall, our year looks pretty hopeful with everyone back except Brett. Jennings, Driver, and Jones should be fine and then Grant will be lighting it up on the field. Rodgers has the ability to become a great successor to Favre and he showed us a taste of what hes got in that Dallas game. I sincerely believe that if everything continues to improve as the past years have been, the Packers have a shot at the super bowl. People overlook A-Rod's abilities but I really believe he can successfully lead the team. I think the Packers should be able to get another NFC North title and I'm just eager for the season. Who knows? Maybe Favre will come back. That would be great :D

Well I thinking it is going to be awhile before Greenbay will get back to the 2007-2008 team, especially with a new QB, young offense and defense. Hopefully though the cheese nation won't suffer to badly though but I have my doubts though in the QB position and I know our running game is horrible. Again that is what hte pregames are for just to see where we stand in the coming season.

Sorry but I have no idea where you're coming from. Ryan Grant definitely emerged at the end of the season proving that he can lead the Packers running game. Are you serious? ("our running game is horrible") He racked up approximately 940 yds in ten (10 not 16) games. He had 201 yds and 3 TDs in the divisional final against Seattle. Dallas also had the best record in the NFC. Rodgers filled in when Favre got hurt and almost led the Packers to a comeback with 200 yds, 1 TD, and ZERO interceptions against one of the best defenses in the league. I think the QB situation looks pretty hopeful although Rodger may not have a great deal of experience starting. I was at a preseason game last year where Rodgers definitely displayed his great throwing ability. Don't quote me for this, but I think he had like 3 or 4 TDs and showed a great interest in the then rookie James Jones. Please realize that most the starters didn't even see the field in that preseason game. He had to deal with the less experienced players and yet he still succeeded leading the Packers to a 56-14 victory (something like that).I'm not trying to put down a fellow fan but I'm just trying to figure out where you are coming from. We still have the great receiving core, a great developing defense, and a decent offense. Rodgers shows many qualities that Favre had and should be a decent fill in at the QB position. Football does not just revolve around the QB. I really believe that the Packers have the ability to make a run in the playoffs.

True, the Packers had their moments, I was was going crazy with the record they had at the beginning of the season, and with grant he is injury prone. I think he was out ofr like 4-5 weeks because of an ankle injury, I believe. The packers running games has always been sub par, look at Green, age caught up to him and he slowed down in the last few season. Of course you can blame the lackluster O-line for the running game and passion protection as well. I been following the Packers for years and I know what they are capable of, especially the great coaching staff they have now.