xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
karlosantana

Fantastico Manipulation

Hi there guys and girls, While I was reading through php classes, and the php w3schools section. Something hit me, It is possible to manipulate (configure or whatever) cPanel through php, so I was wondering could you build a php script that will manipulate fantastico? Could it submit a form to fantastico with all the details, then fantastico process it?If it could be done... How? is there a script that someone has come up with I wonder? I have done some searching but with no return :P I've been racking my brains out trying to think how I would go about itThanks in advance

I would say no. You would have to have the ability to access files outside of your public_html folder. In order to do that, you would have to change the PHP configuration for your account, which you can't on Xisto for security reasons. And even if you could, to even write to those files is a different story. You would have to change the permissions to those files if you want writing abilities, and in order to do that through PHP, you would have to change the permissions for the directory that these files are in. And, of course, you would have to have had previously studied C-panel and Fantastico. Everything should be configured to work against this.This information is actually basic Linux stuff. And you should be able to stop racking your brains now. :PBut why would you want to do so anyway?

But why would you want to do so anyway?

Well I Thought that I could create a frontend forum host, or a cms host? but evedently not.Thanks TrueFusion I followed your advise by the way and got openSuse, I'm looking forward to using it!
Theres a multi-forum script that does this, (meaning use fantastico)
Anybody else know anything?

Well I Thought that I could create a frontend forum host, or a cms host? but evedently not.

You mean in terms of giving people previews of available scripts?

Thanks TrueFusion I followed your advise by the way and got openSuse, I'm looking forward to using it!

I don't recall recommending you openSuSE. :P Perhaps it was rvalkass?

Perhaps it was rvalkass

Enevitably I will always get you two confussed, you're probably nothing alike to but you have the same user pic :P

You mean in terms of giving people previews of available scripts?

No as in a free forum host. I have actually bought a script that does it if you want to have a look at it. I wonder if it can be made to install other things. I will PM it to you you can use it if you want it's my gift to you for helping me since i've been on trap :P (in case your wondering I would be doing nothing illegal, it says that when bought im free to ditubute it, even give it to my "customers" and modify it to my needs)
Thanks TF
Karlos